TRADOS 2014 - Fuzzy matches percentages into 100% matches in translation strings
Thread poster: Guido Villa
Guido Villa
Guido Villa  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 07:22
Member (2006)
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2014

Hello! I have a problem with transforming fuzzy matches into 100% matches in translation strings.
Namely, when I have translated a translation string with fuzzy match, the match percentage indicated before the string is unchanged (75% or so), but in the concordance search I have a 100% or CM match. How can I get such a percentage (100% or CM) on the translation string too?

Thank you for your help

Ben Senior
Ben Senior  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
It is the original fuzzy match value not the current one Oct 29, 2014

Hi Guido,

The fuzzy match value that you have (say 75%) is the original value when you pre-translated the file and not the current match. As you say the concordance search will pop up the current match value (100% or CM). As far as I know you cannot change that original fuzzy match value. But in the translation window you should have the white tick in the circle with the green background in the column between the source and target columns, which is an indication that you now have a
... See more
Hi Guido,

The fuzzy match value that you have (say 75%) is the original value when you pre-translated the file and not the current match. As you say the concordance search will pop up the current match value (100% or CM). As far as I know you cannot change that original fuzzy match value. But in the translation window you should have the white tick in the circle with the green background in the column between the source and target columns, which is an indication that you now have a 100% match in your TM.

Ben
Collapse

Guido Villa
Guido Villa  Identity Verified
Croatia
Member (2006)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Oct 30, 2014

thank you Tyke!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS 2014 - Fuzzy matches percentages into 100% matches in translation strings

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »