Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:30
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 24, 2014

Hello everyone

I have Trados 2011 on Windows 7. I've installed it long, long ago, and have worked on it a number of times in the past.

Less than a week ago I got this message (Insufficient privileges - Error 108), so I quickly googled for it, found a recent ProZ.com thread about it, read that I must start the Nalpeiron service, and then did as I was told -- I discovered that Nalpeiron was not started, so I started it, and Trados worked again.

Today, I got
... See more
Hello everyone

I have Trados 2011 on Windows 7. I've installed it long, long ago, and have worked on it a number of times in the past.

Less than a week ago I got this message (Insufficient privileges - Error 108), so I quickly googled for it, found a recent ProZ.com thread about it, read that I must start the Nalpeiron service, and then did as I was told -- I discovered that Nalpeiron was not started, so I started it, and Trados worked again.

Today, I got that error message again. No problem, I thought, I'll just start the Nalpeiron service again. Only, it was already running. So I stopped it and started it again. No luck... Trados keeps giving me this error.

So... what's the next step?

Samuel

==
Added: The next step, apparently, is to reboot and let Windows install updates. Does this mean Trados will always stop working when there are new Windows updates available?

[Edited at 2014-10-24 10:43 GMT]
Collapse

SDL_Steve
SDL_Steve  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:30
English to Arabic
Insufficient privileges - Error 108, but Nalpeiron is started Oct 24, 2014

Hi Samuel,

I'm Steve from SDL.

This is a known issue caused by an antivirus blocker.

Please refer to the following article/solution-

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5303

Please let me know if this resolves the issue- if not please contact us direct via live chat
bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards... See more
Hi Samuel,

I'm Steve from SDL.

This is a known issue caused by an antivirus blocker.

Please refer to the following article/solution-

http://kb.sdl.com/#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5303

Please let me know if this resolves the issue- if not please contact us direct via live chat
bit.ly/SDLChat

Kind regards

Steve
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Insufficient privileges - Error 108, but Nalpeiron is started

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »