Cristina Mazzucchelli  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:09
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 21, 2014

Hello there,
huge problems today on my side!
I was "forced" to update my Win 8 to Win 8.1 and after the OS updated I had the bad surprise that SDL Studio didn't work anymore and required the license to restart. I got my softkey license from my SDL account, but that doesn't seem to work as I get an error message: "The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 6305-
... See more
Hello there,
huge problems today on my side!
I was "forced" to update my Win 8 to Win 8.1 and after the OS updated I had the bad surprise that SDL Studio didn't work anymore and required the license to restart. I got my softkey license from my SDL account, but that doesn't seem to work as I get an error message: "The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 6305-277217 (Error code 50040)".

Does this mean that I cannot use anymore licenses on this SAME computer, only because I updated my OS? Is there a quick way out of this nightmare?

Please HELP!

Thanks a lot in advance,

Cristina
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Use the Self Service option Oct 21, 2014

You can reset your own license by using the Self Service option in your MySDL account for SDL Trados 2007 and SDL Trados Studio 2009.

Go to KB article #4295 ( http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4295 ) and follow the instructions.

Regards

Paul

Cristina Mazzucchelli
Cristina Mazzucchelli  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 21, 2014

Thank you Paul. Everything got back to normal!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 license problem after installing Windows 8.1

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »