Greta Vera
Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Oct 1, 2014

Hello everyone!

I have Trados Studio 2014 and this is the first time I am trying to align some documents. For some reason the "Align Documents" button under the Ribbon is not activated, so I cannot even start aligning. Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or how I can fix this?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:39
English
Version difference? Oct 2, 2014

Hi Greta,

This is probably due to the version of Studio you are using. Please refer to the table in this KB article: http://kb.sdl.com/kb/article?ArticleId=4939

Starter and Express editions do not support alignment.

Regards

Paul

Greta Vera
Greta Vera  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:39
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not version difference. Oct 2, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it is a version difference since I can do eveything else listed on the table you provided. The funny thing is that if I right click on the TM's name on the left pane, the "Align Documents" option is accessible and active, but does does not have all the options as if accessed through the "Align Documents" in the "Tools" group under the Ribbon.

Do I need a patch, is there a hotfix? I'm very confused!

Looking forwa
... See more
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it is a version difference since I can do eveything else listed on the table you provided. The funny thing is that if I right click on the TM's name on the left pane, the "Align Documents" option is accessible and active, but does does not have all the options as if accessed through the "Align Documents" in the "Tools" group under the Ribbon.

Do I need a patch, is there a hotfix? I'm very confused!

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks again!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:39
English
Can you drop me an email? Oct 2, 2014

Then I can check properly. I'm struggling to find an appropriate account for you in our systems.

Thank you

Paul
[email protected]

[Edited at 2014-10-02 16:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Aligning Documents in Studio 2014

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »