How do I get a report for current status for all match types what regards number of translated words
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:32
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Oct 1, 2014

How do I get a report for current status for all match types what regards number of translated words?

Normally, I just do this manually: write down the number of new words, fuzzy match, 100 % match, repetitions and total before I begin my project. Then I calculate number of days needed according to the assumption I can translate 3,000 new words/day and 5,000 fuzzy words/day and check 7,000 100 % match.

This procedure is very important for me because it keeps me focuse
... See more
How do I get a report for current status for all match types what regards number of translated words?

Normally, I just do this manually: write down the number of new words, fuzzy match, 100 % match, repetitions and total before I begin my project. Then I calculate number of days needed according to the assumption I can translate 3,000 new words/day and 5,000 fuzzy words/day and check 7,000 100 % match.

This procedure is very important for me because it keeps me focused when I work with a large project.

Now, I received a large project with more than 2,500 files. The deadline is tight so I must get complete overview each day how many new-74 % match have I translated today, how many 75-99 % match have I translated today, how many 100 % match have I checked/edited, how many repetitions have I committed to TM today?

The report I get in Studio 2014 now (Reports/Confirmation Statistics) only shows total Not Translated in percentage for all words, regardless of match type. So I wonder if there is any other solution to get better overview? I can't do this manually this time becuase there are more than 2,500 files for the whole project.

Another question: the total wordcount in Studio 2014 shows a difference on 34 words (I am missing 34 words compared to the customer's own wordcount). Why, and is there any risk I have lost these 34 words somewhere in the project creation?

If Studio 2014 can't handle this, is there any other CAT-tool than has a more detailed updated status reporting for the files of a project?
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Progress statistics Oct 2, 2014

Hi,

The easiest way is probably to use the confirmation statistics in the Projects View. So in here:

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
On the wordcount... Oct 2, 2014

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Another question: the total wordcount in Studio 2014 shows a difference on 34 words (I am missing 34 words compared to the customer's own wordcount). Why, and is there any risk I have lost these 34 words somewhere in the project creation?

I think if you have a difference of only 34 words on a project this size then it's not worth bothering about! There are many reasons for counts being different, some of which are explored here : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-cK

Regards

Paul

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How to separate repetitions and new words? Oct 2, 2014

If I use Confirmation Statistics in Studio 2014, I still get all the words lumped together (repetitions, 100 % match, fuzzy, new). Is there any way to somehow select repetitions and 100 % match as review words (as there is a bar called "Reviewed")? And all other words as "Not translated" (as there is a bar called "Not translated" in the Confirmation Statistics window)?

Or wait, it might work: As soon as I put my cursor in a segment, it will be populated from the TM as repetition/100
... See more
If I use Confirmation Statistics in Studio 2014, I still get all the words lumped together (repetitions, 100 % match, fuzzy, new). Is there any way to somehow select repetitions and 100 % match as review words (as there is a bar called "Reviewed")? And all other words as "Not translated" (as there is a bar called "Not translated" in the Confirmation Statistics window)?

Or wait, it might work: As soon as I put my cursor in a segment, it will be populated from the TM as repetition/100 % match as "Reviewed" (the bar in the Confirmation Statistics). Is this how it will work?

[Edited at 2014-10-02 07:28 GMT]

No, it did not work that way. When I get 100 % match and repetitions automatically populated by moving the cursor to an empty segment it displays as "Translated" in the Confirmation Statistics bar, together with other new translated words and fuzzy matches.

[Edited at 2014-10-02 07:32 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Only if... Oct 2, 2014

... you change the status of these segments to "Translation Approved".

Regards

Paul

Domenico Trimboli
Domenico Trimboli  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Agree Oct 2, 2014

I was just about to post exactly the same question.

By now, I can only suggest the following solution:

You have your TM for this project. You create a fake project and select your TM as the TM for this project. Studio 2014 will pre-translate everything you've translated so far, and the report will give you an exact idea of your progress (including reps and Fuzzy matches).

It's a time-consuming method, though, and I'd certainly appreciate if it could be pos
... See more
I was just about to post exactly the same question.

By now, I can only suggest the following solution:

You have your TM for this project. You create a fake project and select your TM as the TM for this project. Studio 2014 will pre-translate everything you've translated so far, and the report will give you an exact idea of your progress (including reps and Fuzzy matches).

It's a time-consuming method, though, and I'd certainly appreciate if it could be possible to check this in a different way.

Domenico
Collapse

Fredrik Pettersson
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Change to status Translation approved automatically? Oct 2, 2014

Can I do that automatically? So that when a segment gets populated automatically from the TM, it automatically gets approved also? Just to get it correctly displayed in the Confirmation Statistics window.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Why don't you just... Oct 2, 2014

Domenico Trimboli wrote:

It's a time-consuming method, though, and I'd certainly appreciate if it could be possible to check this in a different way.

... run the analysis batch task again? The reports are kept together and the latest will be the one at the top. This will move anything you have translated to a CM/100% category and the rest will be leveraged against the current status of your TM.

Won't that provide what you need?

Regards

Paul

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
No... Oct 2, 2014

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

Can I do that automatically? So that when a segment gets populated automatically from the TM, it automatically gets approved also? Just to get it correctly displayed in the Confirmation Statistics window.

... and this is because you are using the statues for something else. Normally the "Translation Approved" status is there to help keep track of a workflow like this:

Translate -> Review -> SignOff

I know this is very simple and may not fit the needs of everyone, but I think on the whole it's enough for most Projects. When it starts to get more complex the Project Managers are often using more complex Project Management software designed to cater for more flexibility.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I get a report for current status for all match types what regards number of translated words

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »