Is it possible to activate two TM's simultaneously in SDL Trados 2014?
Thread poster: Jack Ward
Jack Ward
Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
Oct 1, 2014

I know that this is indeed possible, having watched every Youtube video and Trados training video known to man!

However, I quickly realised that when using my new SDL Trados 2014 software, terms were not being added to my TM (despite the fact I had activated it). The only way I can ensure that they do add to my TM is by disabling the project TM's that my client sends me with each project.

However, I would ideally like to have both activated, in case there is anything o
... See more
I know that this is indeed possible, having watched every Youtube video and Trados training video known to man!

However, I quickly realised that when using my new SDL Trados 2014 software, terms were not being added to my TM (despite the fact I had activated it). The only way I can ensure that they do add to my TM is by disabling the project TM's that my client sends me with each project.

However, I would ideally like to have both activated, in case there is anything of interest/help in the project TM, which my client would like to be included in my translation.

When I try activating both, it seems that the project TM becomes the 'dominant' one, effectively displacing my own one. Only by deactivating the project TM does my own TM come into play but, as I have mentioned, I would ideally like both to be activated.

Is anyone able to offer me any suggestions as to how to rectify this?

Kind regards,

Jack
Collapse

Ana Sofia Saldanha
Ana Sofia Saldanha  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 08:21
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
hello Oct 1, 2014

Have you checked all the settings in PROJECT SETTINGS?

TM`S? LANGUAGE PAIRS? I have been working with 2 TM`s without any problems...

Jean-Paul Salaün (X)
Jean-Paul Salaün (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:21
English to French
Auteur du fil: Jack Ward Is it possible to activate two TM's simultaneously in SDL Trados 2014? Oct 1, 2014

Hi Jack,

Yes you can use several TMs.
I have sometimes 3 of 4 working together without any problem.

If you want that your TM records your translation,
you need not only to activate it but aslo to check the Update case on the far right.

If you think the project Tm is dominant, this probably because your TM doesn't record your translation.

Best
JP

Jack Ward
Jack Ward  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
I've tried all of these things, but when my project TM is activated, it disables my own TM Oct 1, 2014

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I really have tried everything at this stage; I have set my TM to update, both in the Project Settings and in the various settings. However, it becomes disabled when I activate the project TM.

By way of example, I'm currently working on a short text, which I quickly translated in its entirety. I went to proof-read the text and my TM recognised all of the segments (I had deactivated the project TM).

Then I reactivated the projec
... See more
Thanks for the replies, guys.

I really have tried everything at this stage; I have set my TM to update, both in the Project Settings and in the various settings. However, it becomes disabled when I activate the project TM.

By way of example, I'm currently working on a short text, which I quickly translated in its entirety. I went to proof-read the text and my TM recognised all of the segments (I had deactivated the project TM).

Then I reactivated the project TM and went to proof-read the text for the third and final time. Now, none of the segments were recognised whatsoever.

I understand that running several TM's simultaneously is a basic function, but there appears to be some fault with my software.

I'm all out of ideas by now.

Kind regards,

Jack
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:21
English
Drop me an email... Oct 2, 2014

... and we can take a look. It's probably going to be easier to see how you are set up than to keep guessing how you're set up.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to activate two TM's simultaneously in SDL Trados 2014?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »