How to create SDL Xliff file in Trados 2014?
Thread poster: jdz002
jdz002
jdz002
Local time: 18:58
Polish to English
Sep 29, 2014

Hello,
I was wondering if someone can help me on how to create an Xliff bilingual file in Trados 2014. I tried to save as / advanced save as but it doesn't work. Anyone have any experience with this? I would greatly appreciate it.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:58
English
As soon as you open a file... Sep 29, 2014

... into the Editor in Studio, or create a Project via the wizard, you have the sdlxliff. If you can't find it then just open the file in Studio, and then with the file open go back to the Files View, right-click the file and select "Explore containing folder". The sdlxliff will be in there.

Studio works on the sdlxliff file itself, so it's not generated from a database.

There are a few ways to find this, this is just one. But generally once you understand the projec
... See more
... into the Editor in Studio, or create a Project via the wizard, you have the sdlxliff. If you can't find it then just open the file in Studio, and then with the file open go back to the Files View, right-click the file and select "Explore containing folder". The sdlxliff will be in there.

Studio works on the sdlxliff file itself, so it's not generated from a database.

There are a few ways to find this, this is just one. But generally once you understand the project structure, and know the difference between types of projects then it's straightforward.

Let me know if this helps?

Regards

Paul
Collapse

jdz002
jdz002
Local time: 18:58
Polish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Paul! Oct 6, 2014

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to create SDL Xliff file in Trados 2014?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »