Change Case keyboard shortcut in Studio 2014?
Thread poster: Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:22
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Sep 23, 2014

Hi Guys,

This is just a small thing really, but over the years using all 3 versions of Studio, I've often thought it would be very useful to have a shorter way of changing the case of a word or phrase while in the editing view of a translation. I recently upgraded to 2014 and see that it hasn't really improved much in this area, you still have to do some navigating and clicking before you get the various options (i.e. click Advanced Tab, then Change Case).

Does anyone
... See more
Hi Guys,

This is just a small thing really, but over the years using all 3 versions of Studio, I've often thought it would be very useful to have a shorter way of changing the case of a word or phrase while in the editing view of a translation. I recently upgraded to 2014 and see that it hasn't really improved much in this area, you still have to do some navigating and clicking before you get the various options (i.e. click Advanced Tab, then Change Case).

Does anyone know of any way of highlighting a term or phrase and then linking a keyboard shortcut to get that menu (lowercase, UPPERCASE etc) to pop up directly?

I though I read somewhere that Studio 2014 offered the capabilities of adding shortcuts for various actions.

Thanks!

Huw
Collapse

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:22
Dutch to English
shift f3! Sep 23, 2014

Shift F3 changes the case. Is that what you mean?

Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:22
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 23, 2014

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I really need to study the list of short cuts it seems...

Many thanks Olly.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:22
English
Many shortcuts... Sep 23, 2014

Huw Watkins wrote:

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

That's exactly what I was looking for. I really need to study the list of short cuts it seems...

Many thanks Olly.

... are the same as they are in MSWord. Always worth trying them out to see if you get lucky!

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Change Case keyboard shortcut in Studio 2014?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »