RosaliaMognol
RosaliaMognol
Argentina
Local time: 09:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 21, 2014

Hi, people!

I have a problem when I try to save the targets files on my computer. The following message appears on my screen:

Failed to save target content: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I read on other threads and tried to create another project from start and with th TM of that project, but Trados does not recognize the language pair. Could you help me, please? It is a very long project and I cannot start all over!

... See more
Hi, people!

I have a problem when I try to save the targets files on my computer. The following message appears on my screen:

Failed to save target content: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

I read on other threads and tried to create another project from start and with th TM of that project, but Trados does not recognize the language pair. Could you help me, please? It is a very long project and I cannot start all over!

Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2014-09-21 23:37 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:05
English
Two things... Sep 22, 2014

Hi Rosalia,

If the language pairs are not recognised then you have probably created a project using different languages than the ones used in your TM. Be careful that the flavours are the same. So English (US) is not the same as English (GB) for example.

You can work around this using an application like AnyTM available through the OpenExchange and as explained in these
... See more
Hi Rosalia,

If the language pairs are not recognised then you have probably created a project using different languages than the ones used in your TM. Be careful that the flavours are the same. So English (US) is not the same as English (GB) for example.

You can work around this using an application like AnyTM available through the OpenExchange and as explained in these articles:

It’s all English… right?

AnyTM… or SuperTM!

But perhaps double check you have the language pairs correct first and then try and deal with your file. If you still struggle we can take a look at it for you if you can send the translated SDLXLIFF and the original source file to me at [email protected]

Regards

Paul
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem Saving target files

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »