Thread poster: Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:33
English to Romanian
+ ...
Sep 20, 2014

Hello, I have a rather singular job when I am asked to review a series of doc files that are generated from Workbench. They are uncleaned bilingual files.

At the end I want to have the doc files with modified, but with tracked changes, as if I worked in Word.
Is this possible?

I found a setting for activating the track changes in SDL, but when I save the translated file, the resulting doc doesn't carry the original target text marked as deleted and the new text
... See more
Hello, I have a rather singular job when I am asked to review a series of doc files that are generated from Workbench. They are uncleaned bilingual files.

At the end I want to have the doc files with modified, but with tracked changes, as if I worked in Word.
Is this possible?

I found a setting for activating the track changes in SDL, but when I save the translated file, the resulting doc doesn't carry the original target text marked as deleted and the new text as inserted, but unly the new text without any marking.

Any advice is appreciated.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:33
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
.docx Sep 20, 2014

You can only save target files with tracked changes in .docx files.
Even if you save your Workbench file as .docx, I don't think this would work, but I'm not sure.

Dan Ilioiu
Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:33
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
. Sep 20, 2014

Thank you, Emma. The files are docx files, not doc. My mistake.

So, can you help me with the steps?

Thank you.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:33
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Different file type Sep 20, 2014

Unfortunately, a Workbench file isn't a native .docx file type, even if you save the file in Word with the extension .docx.
So you won't be able to retain your tracked changes in the translated Workbench file.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reviewing workbench files (uncleaned doc files) in Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »