florent bousson
florent bousson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:34
Spanish to French
+ ...
Sep 5, 2014

Hello,

I need advices or help with a brainteaser!!!

Yesterday, I tried to use the tool "Upgrade Translation Memories" which allows to upgrade the translation
memories from SDLX 2007 and SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2014.

--> 3 steps
1. export of the old TM --> OK
2. creation of the new TM --> OK
3. import of the old TM into the new TM --> ISSUE. My old TM contains around 180 000 units. The import process (step 3) was fine til
... See more
Hello,

I need advices or help with a brainteaser!!!

Yesterday, I tried to use the tool "Upgrade Translation Memories" which allows to upgrade the translation
memories from SDLX 2007 and SDL Trados 2007 to SDL Trados Studio 2014.

--> 3 steps
1. export of the old TM --> OK
2. creation of the new TM --> OK
3. import of the old TM into the new TM --> ISSUE. My old TM contains around 180 000 units. The import process (step 3) was fine till 30 000 units more or less (importing of the units very fast). Then, the process slowed down a lot. For you to have an idea, I left the program working from 12AM to 10PM, when the result was only 50 000 units imported!

I started searching info on Internet. I tried to export the old TM into a TMX file and to import it directly into my current TM (.sdltm), using Trados Studio 2014 --> ISSUE again. I tried also to do an export of my old TM into a TXT and to import it into my current TM (.sdltm) --> ISSUE.

I really don't understand.

May the old TM be corrupt?

Why does Studio import well the first 30 000 units and then slow down dramatically?

Thanks by advance,

Florent Bousson
Collapse

Mathieu Jacquet
Mathieu Jacquet  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:34
English to French
Any improvement? Mar 6, 2015

Hi Florent,

could you fix your problem? I'm having the same one.

Thanks in anticipation,
Mathieu

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS STUDIO 2014 --> issues with import of old Trados 2007 TM

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »