Branco van der Werf  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:53
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Aug 30, 2014

Hello all,

My partner and I run a small network consisting of two computers. My partner's pc is the main computer which acts as a server. All the data is contained on her pc. We both own Trados Studio 2014. Normally, we create translation projects on her pc. When I make a project on my pc, it is saved on her pc and I can work on that project just fine. It all works as it should. Until just now.

I just tried opening a project on my computer she had been working on earlie
... See more
Hello all,

My partner and I run a small network consisting of two computers. My partner's pc is the main computer which acts as a server. All the data is contained on her pc. We both own Trados Studio 2014. Normally, we create translation projects on her pc. When I make a project on my pc, it is saved on her pc and I can work on that project just fine. It all works as it should. Until just now.

I just tried opening a project on my computer she had been working on earlier on her own computer. Since Sadly, Trados was and remains unable to find the sdlxliff file. I tried installing the hotfixes recommended on http://kb.sdl.com/kb/?articleId=5105#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:5105, but it seems they need hotfixes too, since installation failed. Does anybody know how to make Trados work on a small home network like ours?

Thanks a bunch!
Collapse

Yael Ramon
Yael Ramon  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 07:53
German to Hebrew
+ ...
two licenses??? Aug 31, 2014

could it be that Trados finally recognized you are working on two separate computers and wishes you to purchase another license???

Branco van der Werf
Branco van der Werf  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 06:53
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two licenses are delivered with the package Aug 31, 2014

No, our version of Trados contains a free license for another computer. Last week and before it worked fine - now suddenly it's borked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open projects on home network

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »