Enrico C - ECLC
Enrico C - ECLC  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 19:10
English to Italian
+ ...
Aug 29, 2014

I'll be short.

17000 documents being processed after verification. 3400 messages to check (from punctuation to the usual false flags with numbers which Studio never handles properly)

Time required for each message = 25 to 40 seconds during which the system (a fresh top notch gaming machine with an i7, 16GB Ram and all the rest of the stuff in it) slows down to unbearable levels.

Do we have any solution to this or i have to just give up dinner and sleep to d
... See more
I'll be short.

17000 documents being processed after verification. 3400 messages to check (from punctuation to the usual false flags with numbers which Studio never handles properly)

Time required for each message = 25 to 40 seconds during which the system (a fresh top notch gaming machine with an i7, 16GB Ram and all the rest of the stuff in it) slows down to unbearable levels.

Do we have any solution to this or i have to just give up dinner and sleep to deliver on time to just finalize this thing knowing 90% are false positives?

Any idea out there?

Thanks in advance

Enrico
Collapse

Radu Nicolaescu
Radu Nicolaescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:10
Member (2006)
German to Romanian
+ ...
xBench Aug 29, 2014

Buy apsic xBench

they have a plug-in for SDL Studio

very fast and reliable to check large projects

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have it Aug 29, 2014

Radu Nicolaescu wrote:

Buy apsic xBench

they have a plug-in for SDL Studio

very fast and reliable to check large projects

I own it and testing Verifika, too.

I didn't have the time to go through the extra processing, the extra project creation etc.

It took me another 3 hours to check everything. Performances are really subpar in this area.

[Edited at 2014-08-29 16:47 GMT]

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:10
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Xbench plug-in for Studio Aug 29, 2014

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

I didn't have the time to go through the extra processing, the extra project creation etc.

If you have Xbench 3.0, did you know that there's a Studio plug-in, which automatically sets up the project for you in Xbench?

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I know Aug 29, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Enrico C - ECLC wrote:

If you have Xbench 3.0, did you know that there's a Studio plug-in, which automatically sets up the project for you in Xbench?

Hi Emma,

I am aware. I just didn't want to waste time to setup a QA process in it. Wonder why this thing is so slow and can't have all in one single platform and then wondering if someone had some trick up the sleeve to make it work better.
Essentially, when in a hurry i am not eager to play with too many software to manipulate files. Ideally, i'd like an all-in-one solution. Considering how long it took and how many false positives Studio gives it would have been better to go Apsic. But that's an afterthought and it's too late!

Thanks anyways!

Enrico

pep
pep
Local time: 12:10
English to Spanish
The overhead to prepare a QA project with Xbench is only one click Aug 30, 2014

Enrico, if you have Studio 2014, Xbench 3.0 and the Xbench plugin for Studio installed, the manual overhead to start QA in Xbench from Studio is just one click on a big icon.

Here's a video that shows how it works: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=daWkATVCkvg

[Edited at 2014-08-30 17:58 GMT]

Enrico C - ECLC
Taiwan
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Saw it Sep 1, 2014

pep wrote:

Enrico, if you have Studio 2014, Xbench 3.0 and the Xbench plugin for Studio installed, the manual overhead to start QA in Xbench from Studio is just one click on a big icon.

Here's a video that shows how it works: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=daWkATVCkvg

[Edited at 2014-08-30 17:58 GMT]

Hi Pep,

Saw the add on thanks. I'd also like to tell Emma i actually HAD NOT SEEN the dedicated add-on before and i mistook that for the internal options that allow for Studio files processing. So, my bad.

I made a test job just out of curiosity and it works fine. It's still not what i want but it gets closer.

Thanks to both Super Emma and Pep!

[Edited at 2014-09-01 04:34 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The unbearable processing times of Studio 2014 during QA checks

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »