Switzerland
Local time: 19:16
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
Aug 12, 2014

Hello,

A studio 2011 question:

I often receive packages for REVIEW containing multiple files, some of these files contain identical text (segment repetitions between files).

Sometimes, I correct a segment in one file (and it is automatically updated in the project TM), and this same segment is also in another file of the same project.

Is there a way of automatically inserting my revisions into the second file, for these between-file segment re
... See more
Hello,

A studio 2011 question:

I often receive packages for REVIEW containing multiple files, some of these files contain identical text (segment repetitions between files).

Sometimes, I correct a segment in one file (and it is automatically updated in the project TM), and this same segment is also in another file of the same project.

Is there a way of automatically inserting my revisions into the second file, for these between-file segment repetitions? I tried "pre-translate files" but nothing happened. The identical segments are flagged in orange in the TM window ("target is different to TM"), but it would be nice if the revisions could all be inserted automatically...

Thank you!
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Overwriting existing translations Aug 12, 2014

Hi Suzanne,

You need to change the pre-translate setting to "Always overwrite existing translation" in the Batch Processing settings in your Project Settings.

But be sure this will not affect anything else as you won't get a warning to double check!

Regards

Paul

Suzanne Raeli
Suzanne Raeli
Switzerland
Member (2013)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Sep 30, 2014

It worked! Thanks for your reply!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Review process: Updating multiple files in a project with TM

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »