Elena Harleman
Elena Harleman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:05
English to Russian
+ ...
Jul 25, 2014

Hello all,
i have got a problem with converting translated document back to docx in SDL Studio 2011. The error message reads: Failed to save target content: 'appno' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space. Line 24, position 205.
Can anybody help, please!!!
Elena

Alexa Dubreuil
Alexa Dubreuil  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:05
English to French
+ ...
Same problem Nov 18, 2014

Hello Elena
I am experiencing the same issue. Did you ever manage to sort it out on your end?
Thanks for your help
Alexa

Alexa Dubreuil
Alexa Dubreuil  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:05
English to French
+ ...
Problem fixed - double quotes around appno causing the issue Nov 18, 2014

I have managed to fix the issue so I thought it'd be helpful to share a few tips with you all.

First, I recommend setting the tag view as "Full Tag Text" (in SDL Studio 2014, this is under the View ribbon). This will allow you to visualise the full content of the tags and help you identify the potential culprit!

In my document the problem was due to an uneditable hyperlink tag with the following content:
'http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/sites/eng/pages/search.aspx#{
... See more
I have managed to fix the issue so I thought it'd be helpful to share a few tips with you all.

First, I recommend setting the tag view as "Full Tag Text" (in SDL Studio 2014, this is under the View ribbon). This will allow you to visualise the full content of the tags and help you identify the potential culprit!

In my document the problem was due to an uneditable hyperlink tag with the following content:
'http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/sites/eng/pages/search.aspx#{"appno":["23196/94"]}

The " " surrounding the word appno appeared to be the problem and since there is no way to modify the content of the tag (neither in the source nor in the target segments), the only way around the problem was to simply remove the hyperlink tag altogether. Then I was able to export my translation and re-insert the missing link manually in MS Word.

I hope this helps.
Collapse

Elena Harleman
Elena Harleman  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:05
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your reaction Nov 19, 2014

I actually did not manage to fix the problem in the document itself. My solution consisted in converting the original document in .rtf format and then translating it in Trados. After saving target doc in .rtf I saved it again as .docx and completed the rest as you did manually.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to save target 'appno' is an unexpected token. Expecting white space

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »