Kanako Suzuki
Kanako Suzuki  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 06:40
Japanese to English
+ ...
Jul 16, 2014

Hi,
I just purchased and downloaded SDL Trados Freelance 2014, but I cannot install into my computer.

The error is;
Set up did not complete. The error is; Package 'Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3' could not be installed. Fatal error during installation. Error umber: 1603.

So I tried to install Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3 manually but it shows error as well;
Error 1722 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A
... See more
Hi,
I just purchased and downloaded SDL Trados Freelance 2014, but I cannot install into my computer.

The error is;
Set up did not complete. The error is; Package 'Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3' could not be installed. Fatal error during installation. Error umber: 1603.

So I tried to install Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3 manually but it shows error as well;
Error 1722 There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

I am using Win 8.1
My computer already has .Net 3.5 (which includes .Net 2.0 as well)
I can install Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 3.0 OK but it did not solve the problem with installing Trados.

I know that SDL offers free support for license and installation but when I go to solution finder page, follow the tree with solutions and come to the page which says "Please fill in the web form below", where I am supposed to fill in the support ticket, the page freeze with icon "loading".
I tried with Firefox, IE, also with my another computer Win7 Firefox but same result, therefore I cannot contact SDL to ask for support...

Does somebody know about this error, any solutions, or how to contact SDL regarding this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.
Regards,

Kana
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:40
English
I would have ... Jul 18, 2014

... escalated this for you but I cannot find you in our database. Perhaps you can drop me an email with your details and I'll log a case you you. Or try again with Chrome... I have more success with this browser.

You could also try downloading the installer again as this sounds a little as though your download corrupted.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Kanako Suzuki
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All solved and installed ok... Jul 30, 2014

Thank you Paul, I managed to get hold of somebody else in SDL and he lodged the technical support ticket.
I used IE 11, Firefox with WIN 8 and 7, with all the suggested security settings etc (like allowing pop-ups and stopping security software) but I still could not open the send form page in my browser... how strange!

Anyway, the support team helped me out with the installation. Here is what I did (just in case somebody else is facing same problem...)

uninstalli
... See more
Thank you Paul, I managed to get hold of somebody else in SDL and he lodged the technical support ticket.
I used IE 11, Firefox with WIN 8 and 7, with all the suggested security settings etc (like allowing pop-ups and stopping security software) but I still could not open the send form page in my browser... how strange!

Anyway, the support team helped me out with the installation. Here is what I did (just in case somebody else is facing same problem...)

uninstalling Studio from Control Panel
go to this location on your pc and install it from there: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014_SP1\modules
install both installers

It means just bypassing installing Web Services Enhancements 2.0 and going ahead installing Studio.
Now, I have Web Services Enhancements 3.0 installed ok in my computer so let's see if this would be ok without WSE 2.0.

I assumed the error of installing WSE 2.0 was something to do with .Net 3.5 but I have not found any solutions for that.
Collapse

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:40
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
Same error Aug 1, 2014

Hi Kanako and Paul, I'm trying to install my upgrade from 2011 to Studio 2014 Freelance plus getting the same error and no luck with your solution. It installed fine on my PC, but the problem is with the installation on my laptop and the installation always gets stuck at "Installing Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3" while "Writing system registry values".

I've been at it for about 5-6 hours and can't thinks what else to do.

Any suggestions are greatly apprec
... See more
Hi Kanako and Paul, I'm trying to install my upgrade from 2011 to Studio 2014 Freelance plus getting the same error and no luck with your solution. It installed fine on my PC, but the problem is with the installation on my laptop and the installation always gets stuck at "Installing Microsoft Web Services Enhancements 2.0 SP3" while "Writing system registry values".

I've been at it for about 5-6 hours and can't thinks what else to do.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Richard
Collapse

Kanako Suzuki
Japan
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Have you found the .msi files? Aug 1, 2014

Hi Richard,
I know your frustration, I spent long time as well!
Did you manage to get to the location SDL suggested, and found 2 .msi files (installer files)?
(I think you have to make hidden folders visible to get to ProgramData folder).

Or have you tried installing .NET 3.5 into your computer/check if you have installed in your computer?

The best way is to contact SDL support through their website (which I could not open) or sending email to Paul.<
... See more
Hi Richard,
I know your frustration, I spent long time as well!
Did you manage to get to the location SDL suggested, and found 2 .msi files (installer files)?
(I think you have to make hidden folders visible to get to ProgramData folder).

Or have you tried installing .NET 3.5 into your computer/check if you have installed in your computer?

The best way is to contact SDL support through their website (which I could not open) or sending email to Paul.
Good luck...

Regards,
Kanako
Collapse

Richard Hill
Richard Hill  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 16:40
Member (2011)
Spanish to English
modules Aug 1, 2014

I'm glad to say installing the modules at C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\SDL\SDLTradosStudio2014_SP1\modules worked this morning.

Michael Scott
Michael Scott  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:40
French to English
+ ...
Thanks! Feb 2, 2015

Thanks for posting this Kanako - I've had exactly the same problem and resolved it following your instructions.

Neil Claridge
Neil Claridge  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:40
Spanish to English
+ ...
This workaround also works for Studio 2015/Windows 10 Aug 3, 2015

Thanks for posting Kanako. Installed directly from the folder you indicated (except for Studio 2015 rather than 2014) and it worked fine.

Mark Chen
Mark Chen  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
msi files are missing Apr 7, 2016

Hi Kanako,

I got the same message, but when I clicked to the location, there is no module folder or msi files. Do you know what to do? Thanks in advance.

I am trying to install Trado 2015 on Windows 10.

Best regards,

Mark

[Edited at 2016-04-07 06:57 GMT]

Mark Chen
Mark Chen  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:40
English to Chinese
+ ...
msi files missing Apr 7, 2016

Hi Kanako,

I forgot to mention that I did uninstall Trados 2015 before clicking to the location.

Best regards,

Mark

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when installing Trados 2014 and cannot open SDL support page

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »