Studio 2014 - Keeps trying to create return package during translation
Thread poster: Sofia_L
Sofia_L
Sofia_L
Finland
Local time: 05:49
May 16, 2014

Hi everyone,

I have just started using Studio 2014 (upgraded from Studio 2011).

While translating, the window for creating a return package turns up on the screen again and again. Seems almost as if I am hitting a shortcut I am not aware of...As I am sure you can imagine, this is extremely frustrating!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Best wishes and thanks in advance,
Sofia

JimShanks
JimShanks
Local time: 03:49
Dutch to English
Mac Keyboard? May 16, 2014

Hi Sofia,
I don't know about you, but I use a Mac keyboard and if i accidentally hit the CD eject button, the key above the backspace key it treats it as a shortcut to create a return package.
Best wishes
Jim

Zhanna Lamanna
Zhanna Lamanna
United States
Local time: 19:49
Russian to English
+ ...
same issue Sep 2, 2014

I have the same issue - I opened the package from an agency, and the window keeps popping up every 2 minutes prompting to save files for return package. I cannot see how to disable this reminder, it is very distracting.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Customise the shortcut Sep 2, 2014

Go to File>Options>Keyboard shortcuts "create return package" and change the shortcut to a different one (that you don't use).

The shortcut clash is probably with another program, and doesn't look obvious. I think I've seen "create return package" pop up when pressing Caps Lock.

HTH,
Emma

Zhanna Lamanna
Zhanna Lamanna
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
Shortcut Sep 2, 2014

There was no shortcut listed for it in File/Options, and it happens even when I am not actively typing. Adding a shortcut to "create return package" did not resolve the issue. It is not Mac computer either.

Sofia_L
Sofia_L
Finland
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for replying Sep 3, 2014

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts for "Create return package" at present, so I'm dumbfounded...

Best wishes,
Sofia

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Try adding a shortcut all the same. Sep 3, 2014

Sofia_L wrote:

Unfortunately there are no shortcuts for "Create return package" at present

You're right. No shortcut is assigned by default.
In my case it still worked by adding a shortcut (which I don't even use).

@Zhanna
Your issue sounds different because the message is different and you're not actively typing at all when the message appears. Sorry, I don't know what to suggest in that case.

Zhanna Lamanna
Zhanna Lamanna
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
shortcuts Sep 3, 2014

Emma,

You are correct that we should fix the shortcuts all the same. I had two blank spaces for "create return package" shortcuts, I created shortcuts, and a new window started popping up the same way - "open groupshare project". Once I created another shortcut for it, the problem stopped. I am still confused what triggered these.

Kaspars Stana
Kaspars Stana  Identity Verified

Finnish to Latvian
+ ...
Generation of return package triggered by shaking computer Jun 28, 2015

I noticed this when working while working durong a bus trip. This is easy to check, just shake your computer and you will see. The remedy is simple - don't work in shaky conditions or place the computer, let's say on your lap.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014 - Keeps trying to create return package during translation

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »