QA term check claims that the target term hasn't been used, even though it has
Thread poster: Hybinette
Hybinette
Hybinette
Local time: 21:05
German to Swedish
+ ...
May 6, 2014

This problem has been causing me major frustration for quite some time now. It happens on pretty much any given assignment, and there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it. Please see the following screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17464701/trados.png

As you can see, the appropriate term for "Abgasrückführung" is "avgasåterföring", which is exa
... See more
This problem has been causing me major frustration for quite some time now. It happens on pretty much any given assignment, and there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid it. Please see the following screenshot:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/17464701/trados.png

As you can see, the appropriate term for "Abgasrückführung" is "avgasåterföring", which is exactly what I have written. I even made sure to insert it directly from the term recognition window. Still, no matter what I do, it keeps saying that the term is missing. Now, this case isn't the only one. There are tons of them. I could basically make 30-40 similar images, but the principle is the same. Correct term is in target segment, but Trados doesn't recognize it. I'm using Studio 2014.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Pelle
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Are you sure... May 6, 2014

... you have this set up in your Project Settings and not just in File -> Options?

Regards

Paul

Hybinette
Hybinette
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I am sure Jul 21, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

... you have this set up in your Project Settings and not just in File -> Options?

Regards

Paul

Oops, I forgot about this topic since I was on a tight deadline.

Yes, I have implemented the termbase accordingly. This typically happens with some certain customers. Could it be some predefined setting in the studio package that causes this? Keep in mind that it only occurs for some terms, not all of them.

ClemRg (X)
ClemRg (X)
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Same issue here Jul 22, 2014

Hybinette, Paul,

I use the QA function with terminology extensively and this happens nearly all the time in nearly all my projects. As Hybinette observed, this happens with specific terms, not all of them and I see this happen both from EN to DE and from DE to EN. Whenever I had some time, I tried to investigate possible causes but I simply could not find any reason for this effect. However, it seems to happen in specific segments, not all segments.

Typical other issues
... See more
Hybinette, Paul,

I use the QA function with terminology extensively and this happens nearly all the time in nearly all my projects. As Hybinette observed, this happens with specific terms, not all of them and I see this happen both from EN to DE and from DE to EN. Whenever I had some time, I tried to investigate possible causes but I simply could not find any reason for this effect. However, it seems to happen in specific segments, not all segments.

Typical other issues we often see, such as a term immediately following or preceding a tag not being recognized or a term where you accidentally have a period at the end in the termbase are not responsible for this particular issue.

As Hybinette says this can be quite frustrating because you waste time checking, trying to find out where the (non)issue is.

Clemens Rieg
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

QA term check claims that the target term hasn't been used, even though it has

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »