Thread poster: Howard Camm
Howard Camm
Howard Camm  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 10:14
Italian to English
+ ...
May 1, 2014

Hello, Does any kind soul know if SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2014 will function properly on a MAC with a PC emulator please? Alternatively, is there a MAC version of the software available or planned? I am considering changing computer systems and have tried to get a solid answer but when I telephoned SDL directly I got lots of marketing but no real reply! Many thanks.

sans22 (X)
sans22 (X)
Sweden
No MAC version May 1, 2014

Hi,
I run bootcamp with windows on my Macbook air and Studio 2014 works fine. There is no MAC version of Studio.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Results from searching for "Mac" May 1, 2014

I don't personally use a Mac, but I put "Mac" into the search box in this forum and found these recent threads:

See more
I don't personally use a Mac, but I put "Mac" into the search box in this forum and found these recent threads:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/258184-apple_mac_and_sdl_studio_2011_workability.html
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/267100-does_anyone_work_with_studio_2014_on_a_mac.html
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/255209-trados_studio_2011_on_mac.html
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/260273-best_windows_version_for_studio_14_on_os_x.html
Collapse

Ian Giles
Ian Giles  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:14
Swedish to English
+ ...
Works like a charm in VirtualBox May 2, 2014

I run Studio 2014 in VirtualBox on my Mac without any problems whatsoever (and ran Studio 2011 without difficulty).

Anna Carter
Anna Carter
United States
Local time: 04:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
SDL trados on a mac - yes with Parallels Sep 26, 2014

I run SDL Trados 2014 on the Parallels side of my Mac. Now that I have the kinks worked out it works very well. I can toggle back and forth between the Mac side and the PC side of my computer, which is important to the way I work. There are issues but I've learned some workarounds. Some of the problems are: Mac keyboard and accent marks do not work, some functions do not work (i.e. certain function keys operate in a completely different manner than expected.) Not perfect, but doable.
I hav
... See more
I run SDL Trados 2014 on the Parallels side of my Mac. Now that I have the kinks worked out it works very well. I can toggle back and forth between the Mac side and the PC side of my computer, which is important to the way I work. There are issues but I've learned some workarounds. Some of the problems are: Mac keyboard and accent marks do not work, some functions do not work (i.e. certain function keys operate in a completely different manner than expected.) Not perfect, but doable.
I have begged for a Mac version.
Anna
Collapse

InGoodSpanish
InGoodSpanish
Local time: 05:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Key combination for confirming segments Jul 22, 2016

Can you advise on what is the key combination for confirming segments on a Mac while working with SDL Trados Studio 2014? Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL TRADOS STUDIO 2014 MAC COMPATIBILITY

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »