Tania Pires  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:20
Member (2013)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2014

Hi,

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2014. I've just changed computer and operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 8.1

I need to translate 3 Word files and whenever I set up a project on Studio 2014 I get an error on 'convert to translatable format', which is: size mismatch between central header (589) and local header (0)

I don't even understand what this is but I can't convert the files because of it.

Does anyone have any idea?

... See more
Hi,

I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2014. I've just changed computer and operating system from Windows Vista to Windows 8.1

I need to translate 3 Word files and whenever I set up a project on Studio 2014 I get an error on 'convert to translatable format', which is: size mismatch between central header (589) and local header (0)

I don't even understand what this is but I can't convert the files because of it.

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2014-03-18 01:06 GMT]
Collapse

Kate Major Patience
Kate Major Patience
Spain
Local time: 11:20
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Did you find a solution to this? Apr 15, 2014

I've had the same issue with the first file - just a Word file - I've tried to run through my new Trados Studio. I see Trados hasn't actually changed that much then! Did you find a solution to this problem yet? Sorry I'm not posting a solution myself.

Tania Pires
Tania Pires  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:20
Member (2013)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
File probably corrupted Apr 16, 2014

Hi Kate,

I finally decided to try and copy the entire text to a new word file (not save it 'cause that didn't work, I really had to copy and paste the entire thing) and that worked, so I'm guessing there must have been something wrong with the original file, since Trados worked well for the new one.

Costantis Galatis
Costantis Galatis
Germany
Local time: 11:20
German to English
+ ...
Trados does not play well with all Word fiels, especially newer ones Jul 2, 2014

My Trados 2011 Studio has an issue with newer .docx files. If I save these under Word and in another Word document type, say Word 97-2003 Document, I can suddenly open them in Trados no problem.

Hannah Jones

Louis_PM
Louis_PM
Canada
Local time: 05:20
English to French
+ ...
Quick fix that works well! Nov 13, 2015

Thank you for this simple solution Tania! Worked like a charm on the first try.

Tania Pires wrote:

Hi Kate,

I finally decided to try and copy the entire text to a new word file (not save it 'cause that didn't work, I really had to copy and paste the entire thing) and that worked, so I'm guessing there must have been something wrong with the original file, since Trados worked well for the new one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Size mismatch between central header and local header

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »