Thread poster: María Laura Suárez
María Laura Suárez
María Laura Suárez
Argentina
Local time: 16:26
English to Spanish
Jun 12, 2013

Hello everyone,

I keep on receiving the following message from the SDL Be Global server: "Error 2004: The user has reached the maximum number of words for this day", when trying to translate from Spanish into English.
This does not happen when doing so from English into Spanish.

It is true that I have happily translated a LOT during the weekend. But the message appeared for the first time on Sunday at 6 pm, and "this day" finished already, as well as the other 24
... See more
Hello everyone,

I keep on receiving the following message from the SDL Be Global server: "Error 2004: The user has reached the maximum number of words for this day", when trying to translate from Spanish into English.
This does not happen when doing so from English into Spanish.

It is true that I have happily translated a LOT during the weekend. But the message appeared for the first time on Sunday at 6 pm, and "this day" finished already, as well as the other 24 hs from that moment on that I waited for, just in case.

I have a freelance translator's licence, and think there may be a limit of words assigned to it, but ... when will I recover my full accessibility to this server? Do I have to change any setting?

Thank you.

Laura
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:26
English
BeGlobal Community Accounts Jun 13, 2013

Hi Laura,

The SDL BeGlobal Community Accounts, which are free, are limited to:

100000 translations per day, or
100000 words per day, or
2000000000 bytes per day.

If you do these sorts of volumes regularly you might like to talk to your account manager for an Enterprise Account.

Or do you think you did much less than these numbers, that are pretty large, and get this error nonetheless?

Regards

Paul

María Laura Suárez
María Laura Suárez
Argentina
Local time: 16:26
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Error 2004: The user has reached the maximum number of words for this day Jun 13, 2013

Paul,

Thank you very much.

I was working on a 45K word project, which took me 5 days. That is around 8.5 / 9 K words / day, so I think the problem has another origin.

Thanks again for your support.

Laura

Virginie Mair
Virginie Mair  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
Same problem here Mar 13, 2014

I have been working at a rate of less than 5000 words/day but I get the same message. Would anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
SDL BeGlobal... a little information Mar 13, 2014

Hi,

We thought it would make sense to share some of the offerings we have at SDL, especially around BeGlobal and to explain the difference between the solutions we offer.

Basically you can split BeGlobal into three categories at a high level.

BeGlobal Community : this is a free service offered to anyone with a Studio license allowing them to access Machine Translation when working with SDL Trados Studio.

BeGlobal Enterprise :
... See more
Hi,

We thought it would make sense to share some of the offerings we have at SDL, especially around BeGlobal and to explain the difference between the solutions we offer.

Basically you can split BeGlobal into three categories at a high level.

BeGlobal Community : this is a free service offered to anyone with a Studio license allowing them to access Machine Translation when working with SDL Trados Studio.

BeGlobal Enterprise : this is a paid for service where SDL train and manage Machine Translation engines so that they provide improved translations for the specific domain material being translated. The training would be based on approved translations that were in the form of a translation memory provided by a paying customer. In addition approved terminology can also be used to ensure that the Machine Translation is using approved and consistent terminology.

BeGlobal Trainer : this is another paid for service where anyone can purchase the ability to train their own engines themselves so they provide improved translations for the specific domain material they work with. Again based on approved translations in the form of a Translation Memory and again approved terminology can also be used to ensure that the Machine Translation is using approved and consistent terminology.

The popularity of BeGlobal Community has grown immensely since we launched this offering, and this means we also need to provide additional infrastructure support and maintenance to ensure it works as intended. It also means we are continually looking at how we can bring improved Machine Translation to a wider audience as a workable business model. When a translator uses BeGlobal Community for a few thousand words a day it’s manageable, but when this starts to becomes hundreds of thousands or even millions of words a day then this is not something we can continue to provide free of charge. You may recall that Google went through a similar realisation and the original implementations of Google Translate were free... but for a couple of years now you do have a cost associated with using this service in an automated solution via their API.

We have not yet reached the point where we are going to be charging for using the BeGlobal Community service, but in order for us to be able to maintain the level of service we do we have been looking at restricting the amount of use. We have to consider this because otherwise we won't be able to continue providing the free facility that is quite useful for looking things up where you don't have a match at all in your translation memory.

So for the time being the limits have been reverted to what they had been since the launch, but they are very likely to be lowered in the near future as we move to packaged subscription services for accessing BeGlobal machine translation. Stay tuned on communication around this from SDL in the near future.

I hope this clears the situation up.

Regards

Paul
On behalf of the SDL team
Collapse

Margaret M Mahoney
Margaret M Mahoney
United States
Local time: 14:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
I get this message and I renewed my subscription yesterday. Aug 10, 2014

Despite paying for the service yesterday, I can't translate using SDL Be Global today.

Of course, it's Sunday and I'm in the middle of a big job when this happens.

It started a few days ago. I renewed yesterday, and it worked again. Now, it's cut me off as if I'm a free user.

I'm not a free user. I'm a paid user and I always have been, and I can't use this service.

I understand your explanations, Paul, and thank you for addressing these issues.
... See more
Despite paying for the service yesterday, I can't translate using SDL Be Global today.

Of course, it's Sunday and I'm in the middle of a big job when this happens.

It started a few days ago. I renewed yesterday, and it worked again. Now, it's cut me off as if I'm a free user.

I'm not a free user. I'm a paid user and I always have been, and I can't use this service.

I understand your explanations, Paul, and thank you for addressing these issues.

However, what am I supposed to do now? I'm on deadline and the service I paid for doesn't work. That's inexcusable.

I've tried every computer trick possible, and tried to enter an API key, etc., etc. The server still rejects me as a free user.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Clarifications? Aug 10, 2014

Hello Margaret,

Please can you advise what you have been paying for all this time, and also what version of Studio you are using.

If you'd like to tackle this offline with me please feel free to drop me an email?

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

Huw Watkins
Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:26
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
100,000 words per day - per user or globally? Aug 11, 2014

SDL Support wrote:
100000 translations per day, or
100000 words per day, or
2000000000 bytes per day.

Paul - Could you kindly clarify if these figures are meant globally per day, or per user per day? In my case and based on what I am reading here, we freelancers are not using up anywhere near this word count and are still getting the error message. Perhaps there is something else causing the issue?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
These figures are over a year old! Aug 11, 2014

Hi Huw,

The current allowances (per user) with the release of Language Cloud are these on the free account:

Studio 2011 : 4000 words per day
Studio 2014 : 600,000 characters per month

You can extend this limit if you have Studio 2014 by purchasing one of the various options available to you.

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2014-08-11 13:19 GMT]

tkropinova
tkropinova
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Community doesn't even let me do my first file for the day. Aug 14, 2014

Hi everyone!

Paul, could you please tell me:
1. when this limitation was put into action and
2. what do I do if my Freelance Studio 2011 had an error two times earlier this morning because of a .docx file Studio could not process because of tags (and that without creating any resulting sdlxliff file, which in itself is not a very happy experience for a paid program, I was forced to do it the old-fashioned way without Trados), and now when I try to use SDL Community on a
... See more
Hi everyone!

Paul, could you please tell me:
2. what do I do if my Freelance Studio 2011 had an error two times earlier this morning because of a .docx file Studio could not process because of tags (and that without creating any resulting sdlxliff file, which in itself is not a very happy experience for a paid program, I was forced to do it the old-fashioned way without Trados), and now when I try to use SDL Community on a perfectly ordinary file of 2,5 thousands of words, it's obviously used up this limit on a faulty process which gave no result, and not working any more for a normal little file!
3. For your information, I'm used to have dozens of thousands of words translated through the BeGlobal Community server and would like to keep it going safe and sound without any of these problems. How can I pay for these upgrades/memberships/whatever it takes to keep being happy with my Studio 2011?
Collapse

Camtranslate (X)
Camtranslate (X)
United Kingdom
English to French
I haven't been anywhere near these figures Aug 14, 2014

Hello,

This week, I translated less than 2,000 words per day, and I am still getting error 2004 "The user has reached the maximum number of words for this day.

Is this a trick to make me pay for something that was originally offered to me for free, now that I am used to using it?

Christelle Maignan

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Contact me Aug 14, 2014

CamtranslateUK wrote:

Hello,

This week, I translated less than 2,000 words per day, and I am still getting error 2004 "The user has reached the maximum number of words for this day.

Is this a trick to make me pay for something that was originally offered to me for free, now that I am used to using it?

Christelle Maignan

Hi Christelle,

The numbers were reduced to 4,000 words per day (if you're not using Language Cloud) and this figure actually satisfies the needs of the vast majority of our users. So we have set this limit because we cannot keep working to improve the service, and the resilience of the solution for a small minority of users that work with well in excess of this figure, for free.

If you drop me an email so I know who you are I can check your account and we can discuss your usage offline. It might be that you did work yesterday afternoon and then again this morning and this could tip you over the limit as the clock starts counting from your initial signup time, and not really a daily basis. So it's a 24-hr period.

Regards

Paul
[email protected]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Some answers... Aug 14, 2014

tkropinova wrote:

This came about with the release of CU6 for SDL Trados Studio 2014 SP1 on the 5th August 2014

tkropinova wrote:

2. what do I do if my Freelance Studio 2011 had an error two times earlier this morning because of a .docx file Studio could not process because of tags (and that without creating any resulting sdlxliff file, which in itself is not a very happy experience for a paid program, I was forced to do it the old-fashioned way without Trados), and now when I try to use SDL Community on a perfectly ordinary file of 2,5 thousands of words, it's obviously used up this limit on a faulty process which gave no result, and not working any more for a normal little file!

If you're doing it the old fashioned way then you don't need BeGlobal. Notwithstanding this if you have a problem like this please report it and we can try to help you. I think it's very unusual for a translation to be completely inaccessible.

tkropinova wrote:

3. For your information, I'm used to have dozens of thousands of words translated through the BeGlobal Community server and would like to keep it going safe and sound without any of these problems. How can I pay for these upgrades/memberships/whatever it takes to keep being happy with my Studio 2011?

You cannot with BeGlobal. This facility only provides the 4,000 words in a 24-hr period. If you want more then you need to use Language Cloud and this is only available through Studio 2014 SP1 CU6 and above.

Regards

Paul

tkropinova
tkropinova
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Same problem... and how to report Aug 15, 2014

SDL Support wrote:

tkropinova wrote:

If you're doing it the old fashioned way then you don't need BeGlobal. Notwithstanding this if you have a problem like this please report it and we can try to help you. I think it's very unusual for a translation to be completely inaccessible.

Regards

Paul

Paul, I'm not familiar with how to report such problems because I've never had any. This morning I tried again to pre-translate a group of files through BeGlobal and that didn't work. I saved the report but, looking through it, I can't really understand where the process went wrong or even where the data about the error are. Where do I have to send it so that you could help me?

Regards,
Tatiana.

Daniel Pestana
Daniel Pestana  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2010)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
SDL BeGlobal Community not working Aug 19, 2014

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same kind of problems. I keep getting "There was a problem whilst translating. See the Messages Window for more information". Isn't this service free anymore? Or is the server down?

Thank you.

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Servidor SDL Be Global - Error 2004

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »