Thread poster: pucoug (X)
pucoug (X)
pucoug (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:17
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 8, 2004

Hello,

I just downloaded the demo for 'Trados 6.5 Freelance Edition', but when I try to install it I get the following error:

"Error 1308.Source file not found:..."

Here is the screenshot:

http://www.yetitalk.com/trados_error.jpg

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:32
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
How did you extract the installation package? Aug 8, 2004

When extracting the installation package the option "use paths" must be selected, otherwise the files will all be extracted into the same folder - and then the installation will not work.

The best is to create an extra folder to extract the installation package, then extract the files there, keeping the file and folder structure, and then to start the setup program, which is by default located then in this created folder.

HTH
Regards
Jerzy

pucoug (X)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jerzy Aug 8, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

When extracting the installation package the option "use paths" must be selected, otherwise the files will all be extracted into the same folder - and then the installation will not work.

The best is to create an extra folder to extract the installation package, then extract the files there, keeping the file and folder structure, and then to start the setup program, which is by default located then in this created folder.

HTH
Regards
Jerzy

Thanks Jerzy, but I did extract it to a separate folder before double clicking on the 'setup.exe'. Here is the screenshot of the install directory:

http://www.yetitalk.com/trados_directory.jpg

Thanks!

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:32
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to extract it again Aug 8, 2004

What OS do you have? Possibly there is an incompatibility with the file names.

Sorry, but I do not have any more tips for you.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
What happens, if you choose ignore? The file not found is only a template for Interleaf documents, which you almost certainly won´t need for testing purposes.

[Edited at 2004-08-08 22:01]

pucoug (X)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked :) Aug 8, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

What OS do you have? Possibly there is an incompatibility with the file names.

Sorry, but I do not have any more tips for you.

Regards
Jerzy

PS
What happens, if you choose ignore? The file not found is only a template for Interleaf documents, which you almost certainly won´t need for testing purposes.

[Edited at 2004-08-08 22:01]

I clicked 'Ignore' about 10 times, and it continued with the installation. Hopefully I wont need those files.

Thanks!

[Edited at 2004-08-08 22:14]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error installing Trados Demo

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »