Thread poster: Natalie CMP
Natalie CMP
Natalie CMP  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:02
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 17, 2012

Hi all,

I always get .mdb TM's from a translation agency I work for, and I never had any trouble upgrading them in Studio 2011. Now, all of a sudden, I get error messages, this started around the time I installed SP2, but it could be concidence (?).

Yesterday, when upgrading a .mdb TM I got the message:
-Parsing of XML parameter failed (ExportTMX).

And I couldn't export nor import (red crosses) but the TM seemed to be created (green checkbox). Howeve
... See more
Hi all,

I always get .mdb TM's from a translation agency I work for, and I never had any trouble upgrading them in Studio 2011. Now, all of a sudden, I get error messages, this started around the time I installed SP2, but it could be concidence (?).

Yesterday, when upgrading a .mdb TM I got the message:
-Parsing of XML parameter failed (ExportTMX).

And I couldn't export nor import (red crosses) but the TM seemed to be created (green checkbox). However, when I opened it to start translating, it was empty.

The translation agency then tried upgrading the TM for me and sent it to me, but I couldn't use it. When trying to open it, I got a pop-up window saying: The translation provider does not support any language pair in this project or project template.

Can anyone help me solve this frustrating problem please?
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:02
English to French
+ ...
Export mdb as TMX Aug 17, 2012

Hi,

As I don't really know what your mdb is like as a first step, I would export the mdb as tmx (SDLX - maintain) and see whether it can be imported in Studio 2011 - could also be because your mdb is multilingual.

HTH,

Bernard

Natalie CMP
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How do I export? Aug 17, 2012

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for relplying. Can you please let me know how I export the .mdb as tmx?

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
SDLX Aug 17, 2012

Hi Natalie,

I assume that if you have mdb TMs, these are SDLX TMs - so start SDLX, click on SDLX in the window that opens select Maintain, next click on TM (menu bar) - open your mdb when opened, select TM again and export.

If you can't manage send me the mdb file and I'll see what I can do.

Bernard

Natalie CMP
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't have SDLX Aug 17, 2012

Hi Bernard,

I don't have SDLX, the translation agency sends the .mdb to me and I always upgrade it since I only have Studio 2011.

I've sent you a screenshot of the error message. Thanks so much for helping, I'd need your e-mail to send you the mdb.

Natalie

Géraldine Chapman
Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Did you succeed in upgrading .mdb TM in Studio 2011? Feb 27, 2015

Hello Natalie,

I encounter the same issue in Studio 2014 and I would like to know if you finally succeeded in upgrading the .mdb TM you received from your client.

My client send me .mdb TMs, and I am totally unable to upgrade them in Studio 2014, with the error message "Parsing of XML parameter failed".

A friend of mine was able to upgrade it on her Studio 2011 and my client could upgrade it for me as well, but I would like to know how I can do it myself f
... See more
Hello Natalie,

I encounter the same issue in Studio 2014 and I would like to know if you finally succeeded in upgrading the .mdb TM you received from your client.

My client send me .mdb TMs, and I am totally unable to upgrade them in Studio 2014, with the error message "Parsing of XML parameter failed".

A friend of mine was able to upgrade it on her Studio 2011 and my client could upgrade it for me as well, but I would like to know how I can do it myself for the next projects.

I do not have SDLX.

If someone encountered the same issue, it would be great to hear how you corrected it.

Thank you very much,

Géraldine
Collapse

Natalie CMP
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bernard Lieber saved the day Feb 28, 2015

Hi Géraldine,

Unfortunately not, thankfully Bernard Lieber helped me out that day. Maybe he can explain how to do it.

I use Studio 2014 as well now and I haven't encountered the problem anymore.

Best regards,

Natalie

Géraldine Chapman
Géraldine Chapman  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Thank you for your answer Mar 2, 2015

Thank you Natalie for your answer,

I have been struggling with this issue for days on Studio 2014, and still no solution. This is really strange.

Anyway, I will go on looking for a miracle!

@Bernard Lieber, do you think you could help me on this issue?

Have a beautiful day,

Géraldine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to upgrade .mdb TMs in Studio 2011

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »