Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]
Object reference not set to an instance of an object- Studio 2011
Thread poster: christenino
Lucy Williams
Lucy Williams  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 19:54
Spanish to English
I also have this issue but only on one small file within a large project Jul 18, 2014

I have around 30,000 words and 2 small word files have shown this error message when I choose to prepare and then pretranslate files in the Batch tasks feature. I solved the problem in one of the files by saving it again with a slightly different name as recommended by someone on another thread, but the same trick isn't working with the second file.
I followed the steps to remove the 3 files in the AppData folder and have rebooted the computer, but still getting the error message when prep
... See more
I have around 30,000 words and 2 small word files have shown this error message when I choose to prepare and then pretranslate files in the Batch tasks feature. I solved the problem in one of the files by saving it again with a slightly different name as recommended by someone on another thread, but the same trick isn't working with the second file.
I followed the steps to remove the 3 files in the AppData folder and have rebooted the computer, but still getting the error message when preparing and pretranslating this one file. The origin of the error is from "convert to translatable format"

What else can I do?

[Edited at 2014-07-18 13:46 GMT]
Collapse

Giunia Totaro
Giunia Totaro  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
Thank you!! Dec 26, 2014

Thanks a lot, Ana, this solved the problem for me (Studio 2009 SP3) : )

ana_pos wrote:

Try: http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4457#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4457

For me, solution 2 worked every time:
Solution 2:

In the case SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 will start, but as soon as you try to switch between the dialogs you get the error message Object reference not set to an instance of an object, please use the follow resolution:

Open SDL Trados Studio.
Click on SDL Trados Studio in the View menu.
Select Reset Window Layout.
Please confirm the reset of the window layout with a click on OK.

After these steps the message should no longer appear, but if this solution does not work please try Solution 1 before you try Solution 3 and 4.

Leon Kamga
Leon Kamga  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 18:54
English to French
+ ...
It solved mine too, with Studio 2014. Thanks a lot Ana Jan 8, 2015

juliette_K wrote:

Thanks a lot, Ana, this solved the problem for me (Studio 2009 SP3) : )

ana_pos wrote:

Try: http://kb.sdl.com/?portalid=23&articleid=4457#tab:homeTab:crumb:7:artId:4457

Solution 2:

In the case SDL Trados Studio 2011 SP2 will start, but as soon as you try to switch between the dialogs you get the error message Object reference not set to an instance of an object, please use the follow resolution:

Open SDL Trados Studio.

After these steps the message should no longer appear, but if this solution does not work please try Solution 1 before you try Solution 3 and 4.

Francesca Casanova
Francesca Casanova  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
It works!!!! Jan 18, 2016

ana_pos wrote:

Solution 2:

Open SDL Trados Studio.

Trados was giving me such a hard time!!! Thank you so much, Ana!!!!

Francesca

Francesca Casanova
Francesca Casanova  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
It works!!!! Jan 18, 2016

Sorry, forgot to say it was Trados 2009.

gomaa ali
gomaa ali  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
I have suffered the same problem and found the solution Aug 15, 2016

Dear Sir,

I suffered the same problem. Pleased find below the solution I have followed:

1- Copy all text in excel cells into office word.
2- Translate word file (as table) into Trados
3 - Copy all word file translation after cleaning up into your excel file.

That is all!
It is so easy after an hour and half of confusion and worry.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Object reference not set to an instance of an object- Studio 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »