Studio 2011 "System.OutOfMemoryException"
Thread poster: Silvia D'Amico
Silvia D'Amico
Silvia D'Amico  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
English to Italian
Feb 3, 2012

I am translating a book and have divided the pdf in 2 files, of about 92 pages each. I just completed the translation of the first file and I tried to save the target but an error comes up saying:

Failed to save target content: Exception of type "System.OutOfMemoryException" was thrown.

Is there any way of fixing it? I was able to save the target as a doc file before, but now that the whole pdf is translated it won't let me. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!!

EHI (X)
EHI (X)
Local time: 15:56
I don't think so Feb 4, 2012

I thought throwing a 500 GB SSD and 12 GB RAM at Studio might do the trick, but it didn't...

not joking Feb 4, 2012

Restart your computer. Always fixes it for me.

Mohamed Kamel
Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 16:56
English to Arabic
I thought that Studio 2011 would do it! Feb 4, 2012

Hi Silvia,

I thought using studio 2011 would do the trick!!!
This problem faced me few months ago and I consulted SDL technician person, I sent him the file and he said that this problem happens with Studio 2009, but he managed to solve it with Studio 2011.

Silvia D'Amico
Silvia D'Amico  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:56
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Restart helped Feb 4, 2012

I restarted Studio and it did the trick! I'm so glad I was able to get the target file in one piece!

Honestly, if Studio 2009 already had this problem they should have fixed it!

gabrielamora
gabrielamora

English to Spanish
+ ...
Restart didnt help May 11, 2012

Has anyone found a different way to fix it? Restart didnt do the trick for me...

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 14:56
Japanese to English
Necro time! Oct 16, 2013

I'm having that same problem right now. I'm all for restarting if necessary, but what happens to all the work I've done over the past 2 hours?

Tobi
Tobi
English to German
+ ...
Usuall,y you don't lose any data Oct 17, 2013

I'm having that same problem right now. I'm all for restarting if necessary, but what happens to all the work I've done over the past 2 hours?

You should not lose anything. Just exit Studio and save the file. The problem is that your computer runs out of memory after some time of operation. Shut it down, start it over, open no other prgrams except Trados Studio and try again to save the file in target format. Usually this helps.

Caroline Schena
Caroline Schena  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Restarting the computer not just Trados Apr 29, 2016

gabrielamora wrote:

Has anyone found a different way to fix it? Restart didnt do the trick for me...

Hi Gabriela,

I just encountered the same issue and learned that restarting Trados alone is not enough. You must save your file, close the program and restart the computer, as mentioned in an earlier comment.

Truly,

Caroline

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 "System.OutOfMemoryException"

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »