Katarina Gould (X)
Katarina Gould (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:38
English to Slovak
+ ...
May 17, 2011

Hi all,

My Studio 2009 produced today 2 error messages for my translation. One of them reads:
"SDL XLIFF validation error at line 6293 offset 869: The sequence '976' in Keyref fails to refer to some key."
The other message is exactly the same, only with different numbers.
I have no idea what it means (the project doesn't have as many as 6000 lines). The biggest problem is, that due to this errors I am unable to update the main translation memory and generate the t
... See more
Hi all,

My Studio 2009 produced today 2 error messages for my translation. One of them reads:
"SDL XLIFF validation error at line 6293 offset 869: The sequence '976' in Keyref fails to refer to some key."
The other message is exactly the same, only with different numbers.
I have no idea what it means (the project doesn't have as many as 6000 lines). The biggest problem is, that due to this errors I am unable to update the main translation memory and generate the target translation!
I can continue translating and the memory seems to be working fine, everything is saved. But if I want to finalise the project, it fails (due to these 2 errors). So there is no point for me to continue working at the moment, since I cannot create the final product anyway.

I tried to create a new project with the same memory and it seemed to be fine, until again, I wanted to finalise the project and create the target translation. Than it came up with the same two error messages.

The truth is, my computer was behaving strangely today. I have installed some program in the morning (and got rid of it straight after because it did not seem to be working) and since then my computer started asking me to create a backup and it also created a restore point. Also my antivirus program needed fixing. All in all strange... not sure if this has caused something. (Learned the lesson - don't download programs you are not sure about! - Unfortunatelly too late.)

When I tried to go to restore point on my computer, it did not work - due to some error. But even if it did, I am not sure it would have worked, as there has been a new restore point created today just after getting rid of that program.

Hope it doesn't sound too confusing and someone might have an idea what to do. I am quite hopeless to be honest as this is a big project I am working on and I have only done some 20% of it. Hope all work was not wasted.

Thank you in advance!

Kate
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:38
English
Possible Solution in KB #3662 May 17, 2011

Hi Kate,

There is a KB article on this issue here - http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3662&p=1 - so I don't think the problem is of your making.

The solution suggested for you with an ongoing project is this:

- Open SDL Trados Studio.
    - Go to Projects view.
    - Activate the project from the project list in which the e... See more
Hi Kate,

There is a KB article on this issue here - http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3662&p=1 - so I don't think the problem is of your making.

The solution suggested for you with an ongoing project is this:

- Open SDL Trados Studio.
    - Go to Projects view.
    - Activate the project from the project list in which the error has occurred.
    - Right-click on the project and choose Project Settings.
    - Go to File Types > SDLXLIFF > General.
    - Untick the feature Validate SDL XLIFF documents before reading.
    - Press OK to apply the changes.
    - Re-run the batch task or verification and the behaviour should not appear again.

Hopefully all will be well after this.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Katarina Gould (X)
Katarina Gould (X)
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It did work May 18, 2011

Brilliant! It did work! Thank you very much!

Did not think it could be this simple, has already started thinking about the worst scenarios

Thanks again.

Kate

Marcella S.
Marcella S.  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 17:38
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It does work!!! Feb 1, 2012

Thank you, the solution does work.
I was panicking not knowing what to do, read your instructions and all done.
Marcella

Fiona Stephenson
Fiona Stephenson
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
one year later and in Studio 2011 Jan 16, 2013

A year on, in Studio 2011, your fix saved my bacon too;)

Katarina Gould (X)
Katarina Gould (X)
United Kingdom
English to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Same problem, different message - previous solution doesn't work Dec 18, 2014

Hi,

I have again a problem to generate the target translation due to this error: "Missing tag in segments 3 and 4. Please run the Tag Verification to see details."

Tried the solution suggested earlier in this thread but it didn't work. Anything else I can do? Just a note - segment 4 does not even have a tag, so really don't know what's going on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error messages on SDL Studio, fails to create the target translation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »