Pavel Constantinov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:05
Member (2016)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Sep 27, 2016

Dear fellow translators,

I was approached by a "Dr. Henry Grant" with the offer: "I have 2 research to translate, the first is on ADOLESCENCE PREGNANCY and the second one is ART EDUCATION. They both have 11,855 words and 16,749 respectively.
Method of Payment is US Cashier Check"

His email is "[email protected]", so naturally, I tried to open the website. Surprise! No website. I asked about that, and he replied with the mature "I didn't give you my domain n
... See more
Dear fellow translators,

I was approached by a "Dr. Henry Grant" with the offer: "I have 2 research to translate, the first is on ADOLESCENCE PREGNANCY and the second one is ART EDUCATION. They both have 11,855 words and 16,749 respectively.
Method of Payment is US Cashier Check"

His email is "[email protected]", so naturally, I tried to open the website. Surprise! No website. I asked about that, and he replied with the mature "I didn't give you my domain name, did I? You didn't ask for it. It is
henryharts.webnode.com"

That website's landing page is just an image, the contacts page is incomplete, with skype listed as "SKYPE.CONTACT", the email listed as "[email protected]" (another non-existent domain), and the map showing the gallery in the middle of a... golf course. (The address from the email signature turned out to be in a roadside art supply store.) The "About" page is a copy-paste from the website of the Singapore Art Galleries Association. (http://www.agas.org.sg/about_us.acv), and the images in "Gallery" are images, found on the web, that he didn't even bother to rename (catskill-art-gallery-new-york.jpg, for example).

So, all in all, I would definitely assume that this is a scam. That's the reason I'd like to share it here, so other people are aware of "Dr. Henry Grant".

Hope it helps someone and prevents them from wasting time and effort!

Have a productive day
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Possible scam by Henry Arts Gallery

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »