Thread poster: Beatriz Rodriguez
DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 22:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
History of Holywood. May 27, 2016

Firstly, your ES->EN TT is far, far better than my corresponding EN->ES text would be! Consequently, I only work into EN.

If a client were trying to find fault, there are a few things in your TT they might pick up on. And working under deadline pressure there's less time to revise and polish.

Often, non-technical texts benefit from a quite free translation style.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I was thinking the same May 27, 2016

DLyons wrote:
Firstly, your ES->EN TT is far, far better than my corresponding EN->ES text would be! Consequently, I only work into EN.

Except that my Spanish isn't even good enough to be used as a source language yet (if ever, at my age).

If a client were trying to find fault, there are a few things in your TT they might pick up on. And working under deadline pressure there's less time to revise and polish.

Your English is very good Beatriz, and if you were working in a rare pair you'd no doubt be in real demand to work into English. However, I suspect there are more professional (and wannabe) translators in the ES>EN pair than in any other. It follows that you risk watering down your "expert" message by offering what others could do better.

Beatriz Rodriguez
Beatriz Rodriguez  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 27, 2016

I apologize for wasting anyone's time, but I'm still enormously grateful for your feedback.

DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Spanish to English
+ ...
You're not wasting anyone's time. May 27, 2016

Beatriz Rodriguez wrote:

I apologize for wasting anyone's time, but I'm still enormously grateful for your feedback.

I didn't find it easy to write what I did and I'm glad you read it, as it was intended, in a positive way.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newbie = prone to being scammed?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »