Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Translators please beware of fake email accounts
Thread poster: Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd.
Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd.
India
Local time: 22:22
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
May 29, 2009

Hello,

Myself project manager of Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. company located in delhi India. From last few months we are receiving invoices through emails and post from different resources coutry wide for the work which we had not assigned them.

Someone is cheating resources by using our name and company details, the email I.D they are using is [email protected]. I want to request all the resource
... See more
Hello,

Myself project manager of Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. company located in delhi India. From last few months we are receiving invoices through emails and post from different resources coutry wide for the work which we had not assigned them.

Someone is cheating resources by using our name and company details, the email I.D they are using is [email protected]. I want to request all the resource that do not accept any projects from this kind of fake email accounts. We only use our internal company accounts like [email protected] etc. for all the business activities. We never use yahoo, gmail, rediff or any other public accounts for business activities.

Please beware of fake people who are using our name to make their job going.

We welcome suggestions from all of you how we can catch this kind of people.

With Best Regards,

Tina Mittra

Project Manager

[email protected]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-29 12:28 GMT]
Collapse

bhigisha patel
Abdul Rahman Khan

Sushan Harshe
Sushan Harshe
India
English to Hindi
+ ...
I had an offer from this ID May 29, 2009

I had an offer for 20k localization, from this ID. I ignored it.

bhigisha patel
Subal Vasawade

Gianluigi Desogus, PhD
Gianluigi Desogus, PhD  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:52
English to Italian
+ ...
Just received a "project offer"... May 29, 2009

Dear Tina,

thanks for pointing this out.
I, together with many others, have just received the following:
############
Dears,

We have project need to be translated from English to Italian about 1000 words, Please send your best rate If you can do this project and deliver within 4 or 5 hours.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Ajoy Singh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
... See more
Dear Tina,

thanks for pointing this out.
I, together with many others, have just received the following:
############
Dears,

We have project need to be translated from English to Italian about 1000 words, Please send your best rate If you can do this project and deliver within 4 or 5 hours.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Ajoy Singh
Somya Translators
Phone : +91-11-22484180
Cell : + 91-9990094796
Fax : +91-11-22484180
Email : [email protected]
Web : www.somyatrans.com
############
Collapse

bhigisha patel

India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
BEWARE OF FAKE EMAIL ACCOUNTS.... May 29, 2009

Hello,

Please do not accept any projects from these fake people and try to spread this information to most of the resource whosoever is in your touch. We are posting a note in our website as well so that linguist will come to know about this kind of forgery.

Hope to have co-operations from all of you. BEWARE OF FAKE EMAIL ACCOUNTS.

Regards,

Tina Mittra
Project Manager
Somya Translat
... See more
Hello,

Please do not accept any projects from these fake people and try to spread this information to most of the resource whosoever is in your touch. We are posting a note in our website as well so that linguist will come to know about this kind of forgery.

Hope to have co-operations from all of you. BEWARE OF FAKE EMAIL ACCOUNTS.

Regards,

Tina Mittra
Project Manager
Somya Translators
[email protected]
Collapse

bhigisha patel

Annie Beaudette
Annie Beaudette  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:52
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Hello Tina, May 29, 2009

Thank you for letting us know about that. We sure appreciate it, and we'll all keep our eyes open!

Regards,

Annie

bhigisha patel

William [Bill] Gray
William [Bill] Gray  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 17:52
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Thanks, Tina.... May 29, 2009

.... for the warning!

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:52
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
I wonder if Proz can help... May 29, 2009

Maybe this information should be added to your company's BlueBoard record.

Tina, I suggest you submit a support ticket about it to the Proz staff.

If it's there, anyone contacted by "Somya", upon checking the Blue Board, will be enabled to sort out the real company from the fake one.

Carla Guerreiro
Carla Guerreiro  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks, Tina! May 29, 2009

Hello Tina,

Thank you very much for your message.
Fortunately, I never got any job offer from these people and now I'll keep my eyes open.

I agree with José Henrique: you should notify Proz.com staff about this.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Tina May 29, 2009

Many thanks for the warning.

I would like to ask Gianluigi and everybody other who received any messages from this person to submit a support request and to forward these messages to the site staff or just copy the expanded email headers. If you don't know how to expand the email headers, please visit http://www.123marbella.net/tutorials.html (see "How to Read Your Email Head
... See more
Many thanks for the warning.

I would like to ask Gianluigi and everybody other who received any messages from this person to submit a support request and to forward these messages to the site staff or just copy the expanded email headers. If you don't know how to expand the email headers, please visit http://www.123marbella.net/tutorials.html (see "How to Read Your Email Headers")

Natalia
Collapse

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
SITE STAFF
Note added May 29, 2009

Thanks Natalia.

Tina, I have added a public note to your Blue Board record which directs to this thread for more information.

In general, as Natalia states, if you have received an email or job offer which you feel may be fraudulent, please submit a support request with all of the relevant details. Note that, while staff may not be able to take action in all cases, some steps can usually be taken to help inform other transla
... See more
Thanks Natalia.

Tina, I have added a public note to your Blue Board record which directs to this thread for more information.

In general, as Natalia states, if you have received an email or job offer which you feel may be fraudulent, please submit a support request with all of the relevant details. Note that, while staff may not be able to take action in all cases, some steps can usually be taken to help inform other translators of the issue. Thanks.

Best regards,

Jared
Collapse

Pogue-Gogeff Communications (X)
Pogue-Gogeff Communications (X)
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Thanks a lot, this is FRAUD May 29, 2009

Thanks a lot! We received the following email (just yesterday):

Hello,
Can you translate project from English to Japanese and deliver tomorrow morning?
Many thanks,
Ajoy Singh
Somya Translators
Fax : +9
... See more
Thanks a lot! We received the following email (just yesterday):

Hello,
Can you translate project from English to Japanese and deliver tomorrow morning?
Many thanks,
Ajoy Singh
Somya Translators
Collapse

borha
borha  Identity Verified
Hungary
Japanese to English
+ ...
Ajoy Singh cheated me, too Jun 4, 2009

I also felt into the pitfall of Ajoy Singh

The problem is that he used the name of a registered outsourcer and I did not guess any danger in entering into contact with the company.

I have learned for ever the lesson.

[Edited at 2009-06-05 06:29 GMT]

Mohamed Kamel
Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:52
English to Arabic
I have been cheated by this Ajoy Singh Jun 9, 2009

Dear all,

He sent to me and told me from this email address, [email protected] that he is Ajoy from Somya Translation Company and they have a big project need to be translated from English to Arabic by Trados about 87626 words.

Then he said that he will pay within 15 days from the invoice for the first time between us in this big project by Moneybookers, WesternUnion or bank transfer.

I
... See more
Dear all,

He sent to me and told me from this email address, [email protected] that he is Ajoy from Somya Translation Company and they have a big project need to be translated from English to Arabic by Trados about 87626 words.

Then he said that he will pay within 15 days from the invoice for the first time between us in this big project by Moneybookers, WesternUnion or bank transfer.

I did about 32,000 words, then sent them to him. After that i didn't hear from him any more. he didn't pay me neither replied to my e-mails.

Please advice me what to do?

[Edited at 2009-06-09 20:26 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-06-09 20:28 GMT]
Collapse

India
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No One has been cheated by Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. Jun 10, 2009

Hello All,

Please note that no has been cheated by us means Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd., neither Mr. Ajoy Singh has contacted anyone for the translation project. As everytime we had already cleared to all that this is someone else, and for this we had already given the notice on web-sites and even in the forum here, how anyonce can accept the project without any confirmation even if you are receiving the e-mail from yahoo one should think at least why one customer who are since 3 yr
... See more
Hello All,

Please note that no has been cheated by us means Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd., neither Mr. Ajoy Singh has contacted anyone for the translation project. As everytime we had already cleared to all that this is someone else, and for this we had already given the notice on web-sites and even in the forum here, how anyonce can accept the project without any confirmation even if you are receiving the e-mail from yahoo one should think at least why one customer who are since 3 yrs. in the industry, have own domain can use yahoo e-mail ID.

Please also note, Mr. Ajoy Singh is Managing Director of our company i.e. Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd., he never approch any translators by himself as we have a dedicated team for Vendor Management.

This is our request to identify the IP address if you can will great help to us although we had already logged the complain with Indian Police but we are not sure by when we will get this solution.

And in last again I would like to say that no one has been cheated by Somya Translators Pvt. Ltd. its something else and you need be aware of such cases in future too.

Anyonce can help us to identify this man who is using e-mail ID, will be just great...

Best regards,

Tina Mittra
Collapse

Mohamed Kamel
Mohamed Kamel  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:52
English to Arabic
I have been cheated by Ajoy Singh Jun 12, 2009

Thanks Natalie for the help.

Here's the first e-mail I received from Ajoy Singh [the cheater] and below you'll find the e-mail header.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: English to Arabic Translation by Trados /
... See more
Thanks Natalie for the help.

Here's the first e-mail I received from Ajoy Singh [the cheater] and below you'll find the e-mail header.

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 2:00 PM
Subject: English to Arabic Translation by Trados / 87626 words

Dear Translators,
I am Ajoy from Somya Translation Company, We have big project need to be translated from English to Arabic by Trados about 87626 words.

We can offer 0.03$ per word for this project, Please check and tell me if you interested to work with us on this project.

Looking forward ot hear from you.
Many thanks,
Ajoy Singh
Somya Translators

Delivered-To: [email protected]
Received: by 10.204.63.137 with SMTP id b9cs81842bki;
Thu, 7 May 2009 04:00:19 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.114.134.1 with SMTP id h1mr2186279wad.47.1241694018071;
Thu, 07 May 2009 04:00:18 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path:
Received: from web111602.mail.gq1.yahoo.com (web111602.mail.gq1.yahoo.com [67.195.23.44])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id q20si15070766pog.6.2009.05.07.04.00.15;
Thu, 07 May 2009 04:00:17 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.195.23.44 as permitted sender) client-ip=67.195.23.44;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of [email protected] designates 67.195.23.44 as permitted sender) [email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 7738 invoked by uid 60001); 7 May 2009 11:00:15 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1241694015; bh=1zTMHoSz891CoFopvPfp48QBrhI/o+l49nUpszfJ9Ag=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=ZY//BckifSQiDs2uKCVQT86plxJvil3UCqRqVAMqfHDEHFyeC3y3fKsrXE+ZKSN0j9hoFmyzGCEdvNVrhML+esMrAhzbp6PRwEZJu0+inAgC8+6zRZ9M1FkdPEVVgNukJrDHuHFPekVCFbeaWrHmiIU3WIWwO2dMj0db3BKNJTw=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=C1wdQ/cRlUMj0CWtxl8QG0/P0IowXIES3y4Q7qCnHotCzlUvbdiYCEvE9Xw+6UTHe+tkqGJ7hAAAAIZwc49uBN5hWc2rIA1tGzE0f7MgB1PoxLEInzgHm36YEFPn2HoGEw7PoD5B/E3meHX0Nsd5BeV9Rj4iSFzKtu+b00pIzTs=;
Message-ID:
X-YMail-OSG: LiLMMwgVM1kwx5tRUIGKbVgkvVXHxvwS5DFssThgDSWdCf6h3eoidujdbJHz2BKfLFaf2nH5suzJVntOkqfx2JaZkaZhL8q1Q4gIkLr_6D4v56Ff1nvAEy_DqTmLpsqxix2zQupBH_Q42MWxQoo01ohS.mhDCts3QyEbg9Vg7c2GRlArJkcr3OfmxCcxobOdsR1hGAyXgfRw2Iewn8qVj6Ob7EzT.XPkYTTmqA4e2Go2Xm4xEgotUx_vp5YQYe0jXMrJ1Mivlbmn8IF9r25sdL21xii7BdMMXykJUbLL0CKGNOhJ8uCjXCXElKBEB_c109GmWxccW7s3wh_FFKeVmaq0cIjwrfgvK5qApKHNC2TO2s_I
Received: from [41.234.203.22] by web111602.mail.gq1.yahoo.com via HTTP; Thu, 07 May 2009 04:00:15 PDT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/5.2.20 YahooMailWebService/0.7.289.10
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 04:00:15 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: English to Arabic Translation by Trados / 87626 words
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1928384884-1241694015=:178"
X-EsetId: 9901D62A259E74698607D67D26CB32

Hope this may help.

Thanks,
Mohamed Kamel
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators please beware of fake email accounts

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »