Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Machine Translation panel from a freelancer perspective
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:08
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
technical issue Sep 30, 2014

I wanted to submit a question, but I got the error "You don't have permission to access ajax_events.php on this server" (tried in several browsers). What does this mean? I was able to ask earlier, and apparently questions work for others. Thanks.

Ali Ottoman
Ali Ottoman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:08
English to French
+ ...
Increased productivity Sep 30, 2014

I have been trying to use Fuency. I can't say it has dramatically improved my productivity. Especially when working with Turkish.
1. sentence structure differences seem to be the main problem.
2. difficulty with terminology and term base
3. Is it really worth the monthly cost?

Ali Ottoman
Ali Ottoman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 20:08
English to French
+ ...
where to use MT and memories Sep 30, 2014

How much are MT and term bases useful for non technical non repetitive translations? As opposed to more literary translations?
Ali

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
Tomas - strange bug Sep 30, 2014

That is something I have never encountered previously - would you be so kind as to submit a support request so that I can track/rectify the issue for you?

http://www.proz.com/support

Thank you

Drew

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:08
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Resize the Q&A box (next time)? Sep 30, 2014

Hi Drew,

Can you guys make that Q&A box a bit bigger next time? The ability to resize it (in width) would be great!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Drew MacFadyen[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Discussion for ProZ.com's 2014 virtual conference for International Translation Day session (2014): Machine Translation panel from a freelancer perspective

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »