Moderator topic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >
Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving
Thread poster: Nate Hill
toasty
toasty  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:58
Member (2013)
Italian to English
layout is fine...but what have you done to the Terminology search page? Jul 27, 2017

The new layout is fine, though I do find it annoying it's more difficult to get to the invoices page, a feature I use quite a bit.
But what on earth did you do to the term search page?? It's entirely useless now! All broken up, none of the terms it spits out are relevant, the keywords are no longer highlighted in the results. WHY??

EDIT: it seems to be back to normal now, YAY!!

[Edited at 2017-07-27 14:21 GMT]

S Ben Price
S Ben Price  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Like the new design - sign-in issue since the roll-out Jul 27, 2017

Since the roll-out the function of remembering username and password doesn't seem to work. It's not a big issue, unless someone is looking to hack an account. I have to type in the username and password every time I clear my cookies. Before this was not the case.

Chié_JP
Chié_JP
Japan
Local time: 18:58
Member (2013)
English to Japanese
+ ...
user search and blue board search is disabled. Jul 29, 2017

I looked for outsourcer with "all of proz com" pulldown menu but it seems user search and blue board search is disabled.

Vladyslav Golovaty
Vladyslav Golovaty  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 11:58
Member (2010)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
ProZ mobile portal Jul 29, 2017

when approx?

Ahmed Shalabi
Ahmed Shalabi  Identity Verified
English to Arabic
+ ...
Mobile Surfing Jul 31, 2017

hello,
I'm using a mobile device and the site doesn't four the screen properly. I hope you can fix this. The classic view was doing fine on the mobile tho.
Best wishes and regards,
Ahmed Shalabi

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What device? Aug 1, 2017

Ahmed Shalabi wrote:

hello,
I'm using a mobile device and the site doesn't four the screen properly. I hope you can fix this. The classic view was doing fine on the mobile tho.
Best wishes and regards,
Ahmed Shalabi

Could you please let me know the device you're using?

Maija Cirule
Maija Cirule  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 11:58
German to English
+ ...
Cannot see Aug 1, 2017

the old visits and visitors list (as of yesterday morning). The new analytics feature is very useful but I would like to see IP addresses of the visitors, too.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Nate Aug 3, 2017

Like Nick Taylor whose post is above, at the previous page, I was totally satisfied with the old menu, got used to it and liked it. Moreover, for various reasons I use an older version of Opera (12.00) (though I have also Firefox and Chrome), and the new menus work awfully bad in my beloved older Opera: everything that appears at the pages at the level of my profile icon and the the right-hand buttons, becomes unclickable.

May I ask you to keep the old menus for a longer time for t
... See more
Like Nick Taylor whose post is above, at the previous page, I was totally satisfied with the old menu, got used to it and liked it. Moreover, for various reasons I use an older version of Opera (12.00) (though I have also Firefox and Chrome), and the new menus work awfully bad in my beloved older Opera: everything that appears at the pages at the level of my profile icon and the the right-hand buttons, becomes unclickable.

May I ask you to keep the old menus for a longer time for the users like me and Nick? Please make the "Switch to old menu" button somewhere in the corner

Many thanks,
Natalia
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:58
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

I want that "back to the old" button, too. Aug 3, 2017

I hadn't realized the button was gone. I've been trying to adapt to the new format, but it remains unwieldy for me, too: I now have to go through too many layers to reach some of the features I regularly use.

Cecilia Franetovich
Cecilia Franetovich  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:58
English to Spanish
+ ...
@Nate: Term search page Aug 4, 2017

Hi Nate! Hope you are still reading these posts.
Could you do something so that the Term Search page works as it used to in the past? I mean we (and I use "we" because I understand there are many of us are suffering with this same issue) need to be able to scroll up and down the page using the arrow keys or PgUp/PgDwn buttons. This is no longer possible and it is very annoying having to get the hands off the keyboard and grab the mouse in order to scroll up/down.

Thanks
... See more
Could you do something so that the Term Search page works as it used to in the past? I mean we (and I use "we" because I understand there are many of us are suffering with this same issue) need to be able to scroll up and down the page using the arrow keys or PgUp/PgDwn buttons. This is no longer possible and it is very annoying having to get the hands off the keyboard and grab the mouse in order to scroll up/down.

Thanks in advance!
Cecilia

[Edited at 2017-08-04 11:38 GMT]
Collapse

Nate Hill
Nate Hill
United States
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Having a hard time reproducing this Aug 7, 2017

Cecilia Franetovich wrote:

Thanks in advance!
Cecilia

[Edited at 2017-08-04 11:38 GMT]

Hi Cecilia,

I've tried in Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari on Windows and Mac, but can't reproduce the behavior you're describing. If I type a search, the page scrolls down to the results. Then if I press any key on the keyboard, the focus returns to the search input field. Do you have the ability to make a screen recording? If not, any other details you could tell me about your operating system and browser would be helpful. If you'd like to do this in a support ticket to save back and forth here, please just mention this post in your ticket. Thanks!

term-search

Kirk Garrett Smith
Kirk Garrett Smith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Adding new terms to personal glossaries Aug 7, 2017

Hi Nate,

I like the new look and overall how it functions. As I use it more I'm finding some quirks.
The term search, for me at this point, is working like before (it wasn't a week ago or so). However, there is still something different that I can't quite put my finger on. It seems before I got more relevant results. When I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.
In regards to my issue, before it seemed much easier and faster to add a new term to my personal glossarie
... See more
Hi Nate,

I like the new look and overall how it functions. As I use it more I'm finding some quirks.
The term search, for me at this point, is working like before (it wasn't a week ago or so). However, there is still something different that I can't quite put my finger on. It seems before I got more relevant results. When I figure out what it is, I'll let you know.
In regards to my issue, before it seemed much easier and faster to add a new term to my personal glossaries. It seems from what I remember, that fewer clicks to get to the point of adding a new term were needed. Now, it takes going to the terminology drop down, select other terminology resources, select personal glossaries, select my glossaries, select and click on the glossary where you want to add the term, select add term and FINALLY I can add it. Can there be a direct link on the term search page off to the right to personal glossary, add term and then have the fields offered before that mimic the term search page where more info about the term can be given.
Basically, to me, user friendly has always meant fewer clicks to get where you want to go. Seems like more have been added.

Thanks!
Kirk
Collapse

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
The calendar freezes Aug 8, 2017

I can't set my calendar to red for today. The screen simply freezes when I get to it.

In fact it seems I can't do anything with it. Probably not a big problem, when it is often ignored anyway, but I have made a point of setting it, and now I can't ...

But thank you for fixing the one-click problem - it works most of the time now!

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:58
Member (2005)
Chinese to English
Has anybody found the Kudoz page hard to navigate to on the new site design? Aug 9, 2017

It has taken me some time to try to get into the page of the new Kudoz questions in my language pair. I still haven't figured out how to get into it.

This is what I have done so far:

After I clicked on "Answer questions" under "Terminology", only the questions I have asked appeared. I didn't find any link on the left panel under "Latest Questions" that would take me to the newest questions asked by my peer linguists in my language pair.

I clicked on one of
... See more
It has taken me some time to try to get into the page of the new Kudoz questions in my language pair. I still haven't figured out how to get into it.

This is what I have done so far:

After I clicked on "Answer questions" under "Terminology", only the questions I have asked appeared. I didn't find any link on the left panel under "Latest Questions" that would take me to the newest questions asked by my peer linguists in my language pair.

I clicked on one of the questions I asked, and then clicked on "Return to Kudoz List", what appeared was still the list of questions I have asked.

Did I miss anything?
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:58
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Search criteria determines the list of questions Aug 9, 2017

Hello jyuan_us,

Please note that the list of questions at http://www.proz.com/kudoz/ is determined by the search criteria saved in the search form. Right now, your saved search settings state option "My questions" under the "Personal" category. If you change that option and save the new settings, the list of questions will be updated.

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have
... See more
Hello jyuan_us,

Please note that the list of questions at http://www.proz.com/kudoz/ is determined by the search criteria saved in the search form. Right now, your saved search settings state option "My questions" under the "Personal" category. If you change that option and save the new settings, the list of questions will be updated.

Hope this explains. Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for Site Testers: ProZ.com has a new site navigation that needs your test driving

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »