Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >
Plus features: "Call me" button and priority messaging (aka. "real-time communications")
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:30
SITE FOUNDER
Nov 26, 2016

It is now possible for Plus subscribers to present a "Call me" button to potential clients and collaborators. When the button is clicked, a call is connected from the visitor's browser, anywhere in the world, to your cell phone -- at no charge to you! The "Call me" button appears in the directory and/or your profile, during hours that you specify, to ProZ.com users of types that you specify. Project managers can call you, but your phone number is never disclosed.

Another new feature
... See more
It is now possible for Plus subscribers to present a "Call me" button to potential clients and collaborators. When the button is clicked, a call is connected from the visitor's browser, anywhere in the world, to your cell phone -- at no charge to you! The "Call me" button appears in the directory and/or your profile, during hours that you specify, to ProZ.com users of types that you specify. Project managers can call you, but your phone number is never disclosed.

Another new feature for Plus subscribers is "priority messaging": when a client sends you an email via your profile, an extra alert can be triggered, via SMS/text message, or via push notification in ProZ.com mobile.

These two features are designed to make your services more readily available to outsourcers.

For more information, see the Plus rollout page >
Collapse

Dian Ratna Sari
hamada Hamada
myomyint89
Adel Ibrahem
Mohammed Siddique
Gerson Correia
YANNICK JOEL Atambona

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post.
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:30
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Not quite Nov 26, 2016

Henry Dotterer wrote:
When the ["Call Me"] button is clicked, a call is connected from the visitor's browser...

No, if I understand the feature correctly, clicking the Call Me button will not place a call. It will open a window that contains any phone numbers that the user wants to reveal, plus a "Call this number" button. Clicking the "Call this number" button will connect the call in the manner that the site member chose (and it does not have to be via the browser). Right?

[Edited at 2016-11-26 08:37 GMT]

Dian Ratna Sari
hamada Hamada
myomyint89
Adel Ibrahem
Gerson Correia
Abdullahi Mohamed Ali
Hussein Moalim

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
More comprehensive "times available", perhaps Nov 26, 2016

Henry Dotterer wrote:
The "Call me" button appears in the directory and/or your profile, during hours that you specify...

The current "times available" options are a bit limited. For example, it assumes freelancers take no lunch breaks and do not have other responsibilities during the day other than being available for clients.

So instead of just specifying one starting time and one ending time per day, why not display an interactive widget (that works similar to the current availability calendar) that shows all hours of the day, in which members can specify the exact individual hours that they want to be phoned. This will allow the visitor to specify e.g. 9 AM to 11 AM, 3 PM to 5 PM, and 7 PM to 11 PM, all in a single day.

Cecily Bernard
khouloud ZARR
hamada Hamada
Gerson Correia
Innocent Onama
Zolboo Batbold
Abdullahi Mohamed Ali

Daniela Slankamenac
Daniela Slankamenac  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
Real time communication Nov 26, 2016

The "Call me" button still doesn't work for me. I cannot verify my phone number even though I successfully verified it for SMS. It reports an error for voice calls. Do these two services exclude each other?
Also, I agree with Samuel concerning times. It would be better if we could click on the button and make us available for voice calls (when we are in our office or in front of the computer), and click it again to become unavailable.

Call me

[Edited at 2016-11-26 13:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-11-26 20:57 GMT]

Estela
Dian Ratna Sari
hamada Hamada
Adel Ibrahem
Gerson Correia
Abdullahi Mohamed Ali
Hussein Moalim

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the feedback! Nov 26, 2016

Thanks very much for reporting these issues. We'll address these next week.

hamada Hamada
Adel Ibrahem
Hussein Moalim

Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:30
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

SMS/Phone verification Nov 26, 2016

In my case neither SMS, nor phone verification works. I tried several times with no success...

Error

[Edited at 2016-11-26 22:29 GMT]

This is a zoomed copy of the error message in case the other one is not legible enough:

Error 2

[Edited at 2016-11-26 22:32 GMT]

hamada Hamada
Adel Ibrahem
Hussein Moalim

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Same problem Nov 28, 2016

Kalinka Hristova wrote:

In my case neither SMS, nor phone verification works. I tried several times with no success...

Error

[Edited at 2016-11-26 22:29 GMT]

This is a zoomed copy of the error message in case the other one is not legible enough:

Error 2

[Edited at 2016-11-26 22:32 GMT]

Same message...

Waiting for being able to set this feature as I see that someone was able to set it.

hamada Hamada
Hussein Moalim
Elena Kharitonova

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Fixed some issues with international calling; please try again Nov 28, 2016

The problems calling some non-US numbers should be fixed now. If you were having trouble before, please try again. Thanks for reporting the issue!

Jason

hamada Hamada
Innocent Onama

Daniela Slankamenac
Daniela Slankamenac  Identity Verified
Serbia
English to Serbian
The same Nov 28, 2016

I've tried but still have the same problem. It is not possible to verify my phone number.

And, by the way, I don't understand this feature well. Are there actually two of them, 'call me' and 'click to call'? I see 'call me' button next to my name even though I haven't verified the number. But, I see the same 'call me' button next to colleagues' names who are neither Plus members nor paying members at all.
So, my question is which feature is for Plus members and which one for a
... See more
I've tried but still have the same problem. It is not possible to verify my phone number.

And, by the way, I don't understand this feature well. Are there actually two of them, 'call me' and 'click to call'? I see 'call me' button next to my name even though I haven't verified the number. But, I see the same 'call me' button next to colleagues' names who are neither Plus members nor paying members at all.
So, my question is which feature is for Plus members and which one for all the others, paying and non-paying?

Many thanks,
Daniela
Collapse

Aktar Hussain
Hussein Moalim

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Daniela Nov 28, 2016

Daniela Slankamenac wrote:
I see the same 'call me' button next to colleagues' names who are neither Plus members nor paying members at all.

The way I understood it, the "Call me" button will work as long as one of the people involved is a plus member. If you are a plus member, then you will see "Call me" buttons for everyone whose phone numbers are entered, even if those people are not plus members. However, non-plus members looking at the exact same directory results as you do will not see the "Call me" buttons on those other non-plus members' entries.

Innocent Onama
Hussein Moalim

Kalinka Hristova
Kalinka Hristova  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 13:30
Member (2007)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

SMS verification for priority message alerts still not working Nov 28, 2016

Jason Grimes wrote:

The problems calling some non-US numbers should be fixed now.

Hi Jason,

There is something funny here: the verification for voice calls ran smoothly, but the I still have troubles receiving the code for the priority message alerts. When I click on the Verify SMS button, a pop-up window appears, but when I click the 'Send SMS message now' button nothing happens...

Would you please have another look? I use the same phone number for both services.

Thanks,

Kalinka

Hussein Moalim

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Looking into your issues, Kalinka and Daniela Nov 29, 2016

I'm looking into the issues getting your phone numbers verified, Kalinka and Daniela. I will report back soon. Thanks for your patience.

Jason

Fatemeh Khazai
Hussein Moalim

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
Call me button vs. click to call Nov 29, 2016

Daniela Slankamenac wrote:
So, my question is which feature is for Plus members and which one for all the others, paying and non-paying?

Good question, Daniela.

The "click to call" feature is available only when one party to the call is a Plus subscriber or Business member. (ProZ.com incurs extra costs for that service.)

Aside from the click to call feature, which allows you to keep your phone number private, anyone can choose to show their phone number publicly in their profile. For those who choose to make their phone numbers publicly visible, their phone numbers will be shown in their "call me" box.

The "call me" button appears for anyone who can be called--whether it's a Plus subscriber with a "click to call" feature, or any other user with a publicly visible phone number.

I hope this helps to clarify. I will try to make it clearer in the overview page.

Thanks,

Jason

Innocent Onama

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Mine is working now Nov 29, 2016

Thanks Jason

Hussein Moalim

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: "Call me" button and priority messaging (aka. "real-time communications")

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »