Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Plus features: Announcing the Plus video library
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 15:50
SITE FOUNDER
Nov 15, 2016

The ProZ.com team is proud to announce this first new feature of the Plus service package: the ProZ.com Plus-subscriber video library.

(This is part of the Plus package rollout that began today: http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package)

ProZ.com has been the leading venue for translation industry training for over ten years. Thousands of courses have been given by hundreds of industry experts, in m
... See more
The ProZ.com team is proud to announce this first new feature of the Plus service package: the ProZ.com Plus-subscriber video library.

(This is part of the Plus package rollout that began today: http://www.proz.com/about-plus-package)

ProZ.com has been the leading venue for translation industry training for over ten years. Thousands of courses have been given by hundreds of industry experts, in multiple languages, on topics such as medical, legal or technical translation, interpreting, use of CAT tools, business marketing, risk management and much more.

Until now, members have been able to purchase recordings from past trainings at prices between $10 and $99. Now, over 600 of the videos are being released for unlimited, anytime viewing by Plus subscribers at no additional cost.

If you were to purchase each of the videos individually, the cost would be over $9900.

As you will notice, the design of the new Plus video area is a familiar one, reminiscent of Youtube. Use the clean, functional new video area for continuing professional development, networking, and maybe even to generate supplemental income. Video creators are being paid based on how frequently the videos are viewed (with the money coming out of what you have already paid for your Plus subscription.)

Browse the Plus video library >

Do you have any questions or ideas related to the new Plus-subscriber video library? Kevin and Nate and the rest of the ProZ.com team want your feedback to make this – and each Plus subscriber feature we are about to release – as useful as possible for you!
Collapse

mohamedyusuf

Sławomira Kaczmarek
Sławomira Kaczmarek  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Very pleased with the video library Nov 15, 2016

Very excited to see that the video library is available! In the past I often had to give up on exploring some resources I was interested in, simply because it would cost too much. Now there is so much to watch. I hope the library will continue to be expanded.

mohamedyusuf

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:50
German to English
Viewing time? Nov 15, 2016

Is there some information somewhere on the length of each video? Before I start watching I want to know whether I am letting myself in for a 10-minute or a 60-minute session, but I can't immediately see where this information is provided.

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 04:50
Video Duration Added Nov 15, 2016

Hi Armorel,

Thank you for the feedback. I just added in the video duration.

duration

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Fantastic page, and a great way to kick off the new Plus package Nov 15, 2016

A great, single access point, and very nicely designed. Hats off to Kevin and Nate! Looking forward to watching me some videos, and of course to the other Plus package stuff.

Michael

Sarah Ziegler
Sarah Ziegler  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:50
Member (2015)
English to German
+ ...
Training sessions attended Nov 16, 2016

Will the videos we watch here be added to the "Training sessions attended" section on our profiles?

..... (X)
..... (X)
Yes, that is on the road map Nov 16, 2016

Sarah Ziegler wrote:

Will the videos we watch here be added to the "Training sessions attended" section on our profiles?

Hi Sarah,

There is still work to be done to make this possible, but yes, it is on the road map - for videos that are watched until completion.

Kevin

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Oh no, please don't do that!!! Nov 16, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

Sarah Ziegler wrote:

Hi Sarah,

There is still work to be done to make this possible, but yes, it is on the road map - for videos that are watched until completion.

Kevin

My list is already ridiculously long - it looks as though I spend all my day learning and won't have time to actually do any work! I'm all for listing my in-person conferences attended and my in-person CAT course, but most of them are trivial. PLEASE let us choose which ones to display BEFORE you add loads more.

..... (X)
..... (X)
Optional at end of video Nov 16, 2016

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Kevin Dias wrote:

Sarah Ziegler wrote:

Hi Sarah,

Kevin

My list is already ridiculously long - it looks as though I spend all my day learning and won't have time to actually do any work! I'm all for listing my in-person conferences attended and my in-person CAT course, but most of them are trivial. PLEASE let us choose which ones to display BEFORE you add loads more.

Hi Sheila,

Thanks for the feedback. How about if there is a pop-up when you reach the end of a video that allows you to add it to your "Training sessions attended" if you so choose?

Kevin

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Editable Field in the Profile Page Nov 16, 2016

Kevin Dias wrote:

How about if there is a pop-up when you reach the end of a video that allows you to add it to your "Training sessions attended" if you so choose?

IMO it would be much more convenient if we were just given more control over the items in our profile pages, so that we could actually manage them. (e.g. WWA, Conferences, Sessions, Keywords, etc.)

Sarah Ziegler
Sarah Ziegler  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2015)
English to German
+ ...
agree Nov 17, 2016

You're right, it would be great if we could choose the videos we want to add and also remove items that are already on our list.

Russell Tanner
Russell Tanner
United States
Local time: 13:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Search filters Nov 18, 2016

Thanks this is a great value! I'd love to see more search filters. I'm thinking like Amazon: most viewed, highest rated, most relevant, date produced, etc.

Thanks Kevin!

..... (X)
..... (X)
Search filters Nov 18, 2016

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the feedback! Over time, and as we begin to collect more data on what translators are watching and interested in, we will be able to provide better search results and recommendations.

For now, on the main page (http://videos.proz.com/) you can filter any search by:
- Views
- Rating
- Newest (Date produced)

plus_video

Also, if you are watching a particular video, we have a rudimentary recommendation engine in place off to the right side of the screen.

plus_video2

As the platform gets more use we will be able to improve that with better recommendations.

Russell Tanner
Russell Tanner
United States
Local time: 13:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Video search filters Nov 29, 2016

Nice! Thanks for being so responsive Kevin.

Kevin Dias wrote:

Hi Russell,

Thanks for the feedback! Over time, and as we begin to collect more data on what translators are watching and interested in, we will be able to provide better search results and recommendations.

For now, on the main page (http://videos.proz.com/) you can filter any search by:
- Views
- Rating
- Newest (Date produced)

plus_video

Also, if you are watching a particular video, we have a rudimentary recommendation engine in place off to the right side of the screen.

plus_video2

As the platform gets more use we will be able to improve that with better recommendations.

João Costeira (X)
João Costeira (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Portuguese
+ ...
course materials Jan 20, 2017

Hi there,

Thanks for this fantastic list of videos. I´ve been watching some of them of they´re really great stuff.

Just a quick question, can I have access to the presenter´s course materials, having a plus membership, or not? For instance, the excel file, or links, if they were available at a particular video/course presentation.

In the course description, under ADDITIONAL COURSE MATERIALS, there is a link called "View course materials". But when I cli
... See more
Hi there,

Thanks for this fantastic list of videos. I´ve been watching some of them of they´re really great stuff.

Just a quick question, can I have access to the presenter´s course materials, having a plus membership, or not? For instance, the excel file, or links, if they were available at a particular video/course presentation.

In the course description, under ADDITIONAL COURSE MATERIALS, there is a link called "View course materials". But when I click on it, I get redirected to the enrolment options page of the course.

Cheers,
Collapse

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: Announcing the Plus video library

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »