2016 ProZ.com community choice awards: And the winners are...
Thread poster: Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 18:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2016

Dear members,

We are pleased to announce the 2016 ProZ.com community choice awards winners! You can see the list of winners here: http://www.proz.com/community-choice-awards

This year tie results occurred only in the Podcast interpreting-related category.

Congratulations to all the winners, and thanks to all those who participated!

You can spread the word about the results and congratulate the winners on social media using the hashtag #ProZCCA.

Best regards,

Paula and the rest of the ProZ.com team

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:21
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Mentor award winner - In Memoriam Sep 6, 2016

I expect many people will know that Sian passed away in July. She was an enthusiastic, cheerful and inspiring colleague. As a mentor, I'm sure she was able to pass on her knowledge and experience in a meaningful way, especially as she neared the end of her life.

Sian certainly deserved this award. I'm so sorry she isn't here to receive it in person.

Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Her profile should be changed accordingly Sep 6, 2016

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I expect many people will know that Sian passed away in July. She was an enthusiastic, cheerful and inspiring colleague. As a mentor, I'm sure she was able to pass on her knowledge and experience in a meaningful way, especially as she neared the end of her life.

Sian certainly deserved this award. I'm so sorry she isn't here to receive it in person.

I am sorry to hear of her passing.

I would add that staff should de-activate her profile and place in its stead an "In Memorium" notice, as has been done when other members have passed away. It would also seem fitting for the award announcement itself to indicate that she has died.

There is at least one other active profile that exists of a person who died some months ago.

[Edited at 2016-09-06 16:52 GMT]

Holly Mikkelson
Holly Mikkelson
United States
Thank you! Sep 7, 2016

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I am truly honored!
Holly

Paulo Caldeira
Paulo Caldeira  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A reward to all Portuguese Linguists! Sep 7, 2016

Hi to all!
Thanks for those who have voted on my profile.
This is a reward for all Portuguese Linguists!
Now, here is my suggestion: let's start a movement to bring our language to be respected again by all.

Dmitry Kornyukhov
Dmitry Kornyukhov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:21
English to Russian
+ ...
Thanks you! Sep 7, 2016

Thank you for the award, guys, and huge thank you to everyone who voted for The Open Mic! It's a labor of love for me and it feel good to receive this award. Thanks!

Anastasia Giagopoulou
Anastasia Giagopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 23:21
Member (2007)
English to Greek
Thank you, all! Sep 8, 2016

Hello people!

A big thank you to everyone who voted for me in the ProZ.com Community Choice Awards 2016.

• Anastasia Giagopoulou: 1st place in the Best Translation-related ProZ.com Profile category,
• InGreek Translations: 3rd place in the Best Translation-related Website category!

I am really honoured and I promise to work even harder.
Congratulations to all of the other winners and to all those who participated!

Th
... See more
Hello people!

A big thank you to everyone who voted for me in the ProZ.com Community Choice Awards 2016.

• Anastasia Giagopoulou: 1st place in the Best Translation-related ProZ.com Profile category,
• InGreek Translations: 3rd place in the Best Translation-related Website category!

I am really honoured and I promise to work even harder.
Congratulations to all of the other winners and to all those who participated!

Thank you, Proz, for this opportunity!
Collapse

Erin Rosales
Erin Rosales
United States
Local time: 16:21
Thank you! Sep 12, 2016

Thank you to the ProZ.com community for your nomination and votes. It's quite an honor and humbling to have won best trainer in the interpreter-related category. Wow! Kudos to the other nominees and winners in all categories! It's a blessing to be part of such a wonderful and talented professional community.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

2016 ProZ.com community choice awards: And the winners are...

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »