For matters related to payments, access to training sessions and technical issues, please submit a support request for faster assistance.
SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

This discussion belongs to ProZ.com training » "SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating".
You can see the ProZ.com training page and participate in this discussion from there.

Tamara Abeldaño
Tamara Abeldaño  Identity Verified
New Zealand
Local time: 13:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
time zone does not suit my availability Oct 10, 2014

Hello, I have just bought a seat to attend this course, however at the time of the course I will be working. Is it possible to check out the videos after the course has finished. I know of other courses where it is possible but as here says that the videos are not recorded I just want to make sure.
Thanks
Regards

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
time zone does not suit my availability Oct 14, 2014

Tamara Abeldaño wrote:

Hello, I have just bought a seat to attend this course, however at the time of the course I will be working. Is it possible to check out the videos after the course has finished. I know of other courses where it is possible but as here says that the videos are not recorded I just want to make sure.
Thanks
Regards

Hello Tamara,

I am afraid, three hour online SDL Trados Certification sessions are not recorded, http://www.proz.com/faq/5483#5483 .

My bests,
Helen

Aleksandra Lipa
Aleksandra Lipa  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:52
English to Polish
+ ...
Certification Oct 21, 2014

I am not sure if I understand. After this course can I receive a certification (beginner user of Trados)?

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Certification Oct 21, 2014

Aleksandra Lipa wrote:

I am not sure if I understand. After this course can I receive a certification (beginner user of Trados)?

Hello Aleksandra,

Indeed, this session allows you to take an exam at no extra cost. The webinar price, 99 USD, includes access to the three hour online session, training materials and exams for this particular level.

SDL Trados training sessions include manuals, sample files and certification exams.

After payment you will be given access to a Training resource page, a restricted area of the site to download the courseware and sample files.

SDL Trados Certification exams are delivered by SDL Trados. Certification exams will be available in your SDL My account approximately 10 working days after making a payment. Note that you must be registered and have an account at SDL to receive the certification exams. If you do not have an account with SDL, you can create one here https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/. Make sure you use the same email address associated with your ProZ.com account when creating your SDL account. Please follow the below instructions to access training materials and exams in your sdl.com account:

Log onto your SDL My Account area on the following link https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/ and go to the Certification and Training page, where you will find the Workbook and sample files for you to download. You will also find 3 attempts at your exam which can be taken at any time online, and will not expire.

There is no time limit for you to become SDL Trados Certified. Many translators and project managers are currently working through the steps of certification, and will become the first to be more employable because of their skills. The format of the exam is multiple choice. It consists of 4 sections, each containing 10 questions. There is a time limit of 40 minutes for the entire exam which is broken down to 10 minutes for each of the 4 sections. Each question generates a score of 1 for a correct answer and 0 for an incorrect answer. The pass mark for the exam is 30 or 33 out of 40 (depending on the certification level). At the end of the test your final score is calculated immediately, and you will be advised on the next step you need to take.

SDL Trados training attendees are given the right to take the exam three times at no extra cost. After that they have to pay again.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to submot a support request if you have any questions or doubts, http://www.proz.com/support/

My bests,
Helen

Aleksandra Lipa
Aleksandra Lipa  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Polish
+ ...
Question Oct 21, 2014

Hi again. Thank you for your help. I have jus purchased the training. What I don't understand is something about webinar. I must log to webinar,which one? Could you give me a link?
I am sorry for all those questions but I am new here.

Thank you
Aleksandra

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
Question Oct 21, 2014

Aleksandra Lipa wrote:

Hi again. Thank you for your help. I have jus purchased the training. What I don't understand is something about webinar. I must log to webinar,which one? Could you give me a link?
I am sorry for all those questions but I am new here.

Thank you
Aleksandra

Hello Aleksandra,

A link to the webinar session has been emailed to you. Please use it to join the session tomorrow. Please make sure your computer meets system requirements mentioned at http://www.proz.com/faq/39203#39203

My bests,
Helen

Sara Bigini
Sara Bigini  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
English to Italian
+ ...
I haven't received any link to join the session tonight! Oct 22, 2014

Hello,
I have registered yesterday for the session today at 21.00 CET and I haven't received my Webinar link yet. Can you please advise? I hope I will receive it on time.

thank you

Helen Shepelenko
Helen Shepelenko
SITE STAFF
I haven't received any link to join the session tonight! Oct 22, 2014

Sara Bigini wrote:

Hello,
I have registered yesterday for the session today at 21.00 CET and I haven't received my Webinar link yet. Can you please advise? I hope I will receive it on time.

thank you

Hello Sara,

I have resent the link as requested. Hope this helps.

My bests,
Helen

Tara Horan (X)
Tara Horan (X)
Germany
French to English
+ ...
Trying to access the Webinar Oct 22, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to access the Webinar but I can't? It says "waiting for organiser". Is there something I should do?

Thanks,

Tara

Tara Horan (X)
Tara Horan (X)
Germany
French to English
+ ...
Trying to access the Webinar Oct 22, 2014

Hi,

I cannot access the Webinar I've been trying for about 20 mins. Can I register for another session?

Thanks,

Tara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Helen Shepelenko[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2014 Getting Started Part 1: Translating

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »