Thread poster: Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 01:04
Chinese to English
+ ...
Jul 12, 2017

I never used my ProZ email, but I did create an account a long time ago just because. Today I tried to log into the account via the link accessed through the drop down menu at the top of the ProZ page and got this:

ALERT: TERMINATION OF FREE WEB MAIL SERVICE

Everyone.net has ended free access to your web mail account. At this time you can no longer read or send mail using your account, and your historical mail is no longer available. You can continue using the email service by subscribing to Mail Plus Total Protection. The benefits of Mail Plus Total Protection include:

• 2GB mail storage
• Advertisement-free web mail
• POP, IMAP, SMTP, and mobile access
• one_mobile service to sync email, calendar, and contacts
• Email-based technical support

This change is part of our ongoing efforts to reduce email abuse and improve security. Thank you for choosing Everyone.net.

Updated: 07/06/17

Please click here to purchase Mail Plus Total Protection.

I suppose I must have missed the memo at some point so my question is, is it official that ProZ no longer provides web mail, and if so, should the link continue to appear in the drop down menu?

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:04
SITE STAFF
Not sure when that went into effect, but it looks like it should be removed from the dropdown Jul 12, 2017

Hello Lincoln,

I'm not sure when Everyone.net (the third party provider of the free web mail) did that. If they are no longer offering free web mail then yes, it would make sense to remove it from the drop down menu. Thanks for reporting.

Jared

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 14:04
SITE STAFF
Apparently announced in January of this year, went into effect in March Jul 13, 2017

Just an update. Looking around, it appears that Everyone.net announced this change in January of this year via email to account holders. This was the announcement I found:

EVERYONE.NET CHANGE OF PUBLISHER MAIL SERVICE

Dear Publisher Mail Partner,

Upon final review, Everyone.net will be ending access for free web mail accounts to the Publisher Mail (formerly Sponsored Mail) service on Thursday, March 23rd, 2017. Subscribers to Mail Plus Total Protection will continue to have access and will not be impacted. Free Publisher Mail users will be given the option to subscribe to Mail Plus Total Protection to continue using their email service.

Prior to this on Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 free Publisher Mail users will have their ability to send email through web mail disabled. Free Publisher Mail users will be notified of the upcoming changes through web mail. The benefits of Mail Plus Total Protection include:
2GB mail storage
Advertisement-free web mail
POP, IMAP, SMTP, and mobile access
one_mobile service to sync email, calendar, and contacts
Email-based technical support
This change is part of our ongoing efforts to reduce email abuse and improve security. Thank you for choosing Everyone.net.

Sincerely,

The Everyone.net Support Team

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Free web email offered by Everyone.net through ProZ.com was discontinued

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »