Yaotl Altan
Yaotl Altan  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 04:20
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 30, 2015

I was browsing the section called "My classic job quotes" under the Menu tab "Jobs & Directories". I found there 83 pages with all my quotes since 2006, when I opened my account in Proz. I wanted tu delete all those old quotes, but I noticed that I can't delete them per page, just one by one. It would be great if a special feature to delete many quotes at a time is created.

Thank you!

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 17:20
English to Thai
+ ...
Non-batch delete Aug 30, 2015

Yaotl Altan wrote:

I was browsing the section called "My classic job quotes" under the Menu tab "Jobs & Directories". I found there 83 pages with all my quotes since 2006, when I opened my account in Proz. I wanted tu delete all those old quotes, but I noticed that I can't delete them per page, just one by one. It would be great if a special feature to delete many quotes at a time is created.

Thank you!

I am against such batch delete.
I once use such delete button in another software and I regretted I had not have reviewed my extremely valuable contents carefully before hitting the delete button.

Soonthon L.

philgoddard
philgoddard
United States
German to English
+ ...
I love that "classic"... Aug 30, 2015

... to mean "old". Who thinks of these things?

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 11:20
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
It is this sort of thing that clutters up the Internet Aug 30, 2015

In another connection, Ihave jsut translated remarks about follow-up and deletion of quotes and offers that do not lead to orders.

A look at why they did not lead to an order, then OUT with them is that company's policy.

Relevant details are categorised, analysed periodically, and archived elsewhere, while of course, all assignments taken on and delivered will be appropriately documented for further reference.

But 83 pages just listing quotations... No won
... See more
In another connection, Ihave jsut translated remarks about follow-up and deletion of quotes and offers that do not lead to orders.

A look at why they did not lead to an order, then OUT with them is that company's policy.

Relevant details are categorised, analysed periodically, and archived elsewhere, while of course, all assignments taken on and delivered will be appropriately documented for further reference.

But 83 pages just listing quotations... No wonder we live in an age of information overload!
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
On the other hand Aug 30, 2015

Christine Andersen wrote:
But 83 pages just listing quotations... No wonder we live in an age of information overload!

1. We DON'T have is any good way of searching that list. "Have I ever quoted to that company before?" and "What were the terms I quoted?" are perhaps valid questions, but not if we can't find the answers.
2. We DON'T have a record of the job posting itself, as they can be removed. And we never have contact information or a link to the BB record as they both become somehow secret, even though we quoted for the jobs.
3. We DON'T have any access to the templates that we've stored there to enable us to quote more efficiently. The only time we can access them is when we're quoting! Umm... isn't that the one time we don't really have time to update them???

Basically, let's have total access to the data if we find it's useful. And let us delete it easily if we don't find it useful.

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
It didn't come to my mind this information was stored somewhere Aug 30, 2015

Now I found it and discovered that some of my quotes had been "declined". This is totally new to me as I don't remember I have ever been informed about such declinations.
I don't mind as if you don't get any answer it's clear anyway but shouldn't we be informed at least if the outsourcer clicks on the box (or whatever) "declined"?

However, I happen to have (since 2001) only a little more than 1 page of quotes, so deleting them per page or one by one would not make a very big
... See more
Now I found it and discovered that some of my quotes had been "declined". This is totally new to me as I don't remember I have ever been informed about such declinations.
I don't mind as if you don't get any answer it's clear anyway but shouldn't we be informed at least if the outsourcer clicks on the box (or whatever) "declined"?

However, I happen to have (since 2001) only a little more than 1 page of quotes, so deleting them per page or one by one would not make a very big difference. But I think I will keep them anyway, now that I've found them!
Collapse

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Well.... Aug 31, 2015

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:

Thank you!

I am against such batch delete.
I once use such delete button in another software and I regretted I had not have reviewed my extremely valuable contents carefully before hitting the delete button.

Soonthon L.

..if you had 83 pages of old quotes, you'd understand me

This is, 30 entries per 83 pages = 2490 entries. Please, develop a batch delete option. Its existence won't force other colleagues to use it.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yup, and you have to delete them one by one Aug 31, 2015

Yaotl Altan wrote:
This is, 30 entries per 83 pages = 2490 entries. Please, develop a batch delete option. Its existence won't force other colleagues to use it.

To make matters worse, you have to use your mouse to delete them, and you have to delete them one by one. Each entry has a "delete" link next to it, but you can't open those links in a new tab -- you have to left-click on it, which opens a non-web standard dialog box with two buttons on it, and you have to press "OK" (fortunately "OK" is selected by default, so you can simply press ENTER, but that's no consolation, because you have to use your mouse to click the "Delete" links, which don't appear in the same place on the screen each time).

Yaotl Altan
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yeah Aug 31, 2015

Samuel Murray wrote:

Yaotl Altan wrote:

To make matters worse, you have to use your mouse to delete them, and you have to delete them one by one. Each entry has a "delete" link next to it, but you can't open those links in a new tab -- you have to left-click on it, which opens a non-web standard dialog box with two buttons on it, and you have to press "OK" (fortunately "OK" is selected by default, so you can simply press ENTER, but that's no consolation, because you have to use your mouse to click the "Delete" links, which don't appear in the same place on the screen each time).

Exactly. I can´t belive that in 2015

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My classic job quotes

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »