Thread poster: Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Andrea Bruning Beltrao  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:11
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Dec 4, 2016

I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?
Should I even do that? Or just hope they ignore that error?

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:38 GMT]

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 10:11
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Submit a new quote Dec 5, 2016

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people... See more
Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:11
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
No way to delete if it was an email Dec 5, 2016

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:
I just posted a quote and misspelled the name of the person who posted the job! Is there a way to delete this quote and submit a new one!?

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.

Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks for the help, Josephine!

Josephine Cassar wrote:

Hi Andrea, I think you will have to submit a new quote. Whenever I noticed I had missing information I wanted to add, I always submitted a new quote as there is no way I can edit the quote once sent. Now, I make sure I have all the information I want to add in advance. It does look a bot bad but there is nothing doing, I'm afraid. However, I no longer submit quotes as I no longer bother seeing that agencies ask for 'your best rate' or hardly had any luck when I submitted a quote, and many people say the same thing. I'm not sure if you can completely delete a quote before deadline and submit a new one. Good luck.

[Edited at 2016-12-05 14:15 GMT]

Andrea Bruning Beltrao
Brazil
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 6, 2016

Thanks, Sheila!

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Andrea Bruning Beltrao wrote:

Posters choose between two ways of receiving quotes: either through the ProZ.com interface, or by a regular email.

If you quoted for this job by email, all you can do is "reply" to it with a note apologising for the error. Whether it will be seen as a positive sign (i.e. you do care, you just erred), or as a negative sign, is something that only the poster will be able to determine for sure. If you quoted through the interface, there's a "delete" option in your list of job quotes: http://www.proz.com/translation-jobs/quotes/ . Of course, any new quote will go to the end of the queue, date/time-wise. Alternatively, you can select the quote and then you'll see a "Quote Notes" box at the bottom of the screen.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deleting a Quote/Submitting a new Quote

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »