Looking for an internationally recognised Online English > Spanish translation certification
Thread poster: Uriel Arias
Uriel Arias
Uriel Arias  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 15:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 9, 2014

Hi,

I am looking for an internationally recognised online translation certification (eng>esp), I have been working as a translator for the past two years (on and off) but I would love to find a proper certification or diploma course, online, so I could boost up my translation work and work fully on the translation field.
There are several options that interest me such as the Words Language Services (WLS), which include a WLS Professional Certificate and a CIOL Translation Dipl
... See more
Hi,

I am looking for an internationally recognised online translation certification (eng>esp), I have been working as a translator for the past two years (on and off) but I would love to find a proper certification or diploma course, online, so I could boost up my translation work and work fully on the translation field.
There are several options that interest me such as the Words Language Services (WLS), which include a WLS Professional Certificate and a CIOL Translation Diploma course (or combined). I have also taken one mobile apps online translation course eng>esp on ISTRAD (spain), but they don´t seem to offer any online certificate.
Of course there are other schools, universities or institutions such as the Monterey Institute of International Studies (MIIS) that offer very interesting courses related to translation but that have a higher price, so I would love to look at the options that I have in order to make the most of the course/diploma/certificate I take.
Can you recommend any other options for this specific language pair or maybe give me your opinion about different courses/certificates/diplomas you´ve taken so far (such as the WLS certificate).

Thanks for your input,

Uriel
Collapse

Elsabe Joubert
Elsabe Joubert
South Africa
Local time: 23:24
French to English
+ ...
Máster en Traducción y Nuevas Tecnologías: ISTRAD Jul 25, 2016

I recently completed a Master's Degree in Translation and New Technologies through the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo.

http://www.mastradumatica.com/es/index.php

I was very impressed with the way the Master's Degree was organized. The skills acquired are very practical and the study material is organized in such a way that the progression from the theoreti
... See more
I recently completed a Master's Degree in Translation and New Technologies through the Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo.

http://www.mastradumatica.com/es/index.php

I was very impressed with the way the Master's Degree was organized. The skills acquired are very practical and the study material is organized in such a way that the progression from the theoretical to the practical is very logical.

A few modules that I found particularly helpful were:
The translation and localization of Web content.
Software localization
Videogame localization

The Master's Degree can be done in various European language combinations.
I found the support from the lecturers exceptional and they do not spare any effort to make sure all technical glitches are sorted out.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you wish to receive further feedback on this very good degree.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for an internationally recognised Online English > Spanish translation certification

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »