Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever been disappointed when meeting foreign clients personally?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Miroslav Jeftic
Miroslav Jeftic  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:58
Member (2009)
English to Serbian
+ ...
:) Mar 28, 2016

EvaVer wrote:

as i never met them

Same here

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 09:58
Spanish to English
+ ...
No Mar 28, 2016

Far from it. In fact, when working as secretary of an international phytosanitary symposium as well as translator of the pertinent articles, I was pleasantly surprised to find that some of the guests, with whom I'd only briefly corresponded, gave me unexpected gifts, such as the Japanese speaker who gave me a hi-tech propelling pencil.
On another occasion, some Danish clients I worked for as interpreter gave me a stylish steel paperknife which is sitting on my desk right now.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:58
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It happens, but... Mar 31, 2016

It may happen somethimes, but in no way whatsoever could that affect a professional relationship. Your impression of a client cannot possibly affect the work you will do for them. Now, if you really think their behavior is unprofessional, then it's a whole different story.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever been disappointed when meeting foreign clients personally?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »