Poll: I am...
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Irma Wildani Anzia
Irma Wildani Anzia  Identity Verified
Indonesia
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Translator and... Feb 25, 2016

I think interpreting is more challenging than translating because you have no resources that you can grab or click on. I can just imagine that you have to depend only on your own brain, skills, and experience to be able to interpret accurately, especially if the subject matter is very specific and important. The inability to edit what you have said will also put too much pressure on me. So, at least for now, I will stick to translating. But I admire those who do interpreting and are good at it.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:12
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Used to be both Feb 26, 2016

I used to work as both. But as soon as i filled my agenda with translations, of course I will no longer work with interpretation. The statistics of the answers show this is a generalized choice, too. If I worked with simultaneous interpreting, it would likely be a whole different story. But considering all the issues that were discussed in the "safety/injuries" post the other day, I have no doubt about my choice.

[Edited at 2016-02-26 01:31 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: I am...

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »