Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever forgotten to send a finished translation to a client?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Jeff Whittaker
Jeff Whittaker  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:40
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Have you ever forgotten to send a finished translation to a client? Feb 19, 2016

I always send the invoice along with the translation.

One time I accidentally sent two copies of the invoice and no translation.

The PM noticed immediately and got a good laugh about it.

I had sent the translation early, so it was not late.

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 15:40
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
Yes Feb 20, 2016

“We humans are prone to err, and to err systematically, outrageously, and with utter confidence."

Yes. I have forgotten to attach files with unabashed and absolute confidence and so have my customers. Even Holmsey sometimes nods.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:40
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Complex Routine Feb 21, 2016

I have a pretty complex routine while controlling my jobs vs. accounts. Every time I receive a job, I make entries in three systems/spreadsheets, send standard e-mails, etc. Then, when I'm finished, I update the three systems/spreadsheets, and send a new e-mail or upload the files, as the case may be.

However, I usually have several jobs and other tasks to control, and a few times I forgot that last and most important step. So I have received a few e-mails from clients like "where
... See more
I have a pretty complex routine while controlling my jobs vs. accounts. Every time I receive a job, I make entries in three systems/spreadsheets, send standard e-mails, etc. Then, when I'm finished, I update the three systems/spreadsheets, and send a new e-mail or upload the files, as the case may be.

However, I usually have several jobs and other tasks to control, and a few times I forgot that last and most important step. So I have received a few e-mails from clients like "where the hell is my translation?", and apologized and sent them immediately. No big deal, really.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:40
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Yes Mar 1, 2016

A couple of times when I've finished late at night and plan to deliver first thing the next morning.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever forgotten to send a finished translation to a client?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »