Victoria Britten
Victoria Britten  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:31
French to English
+ ...
Depends Nov 8, 2015

Inca Vallès wrote:

Same as Gianluca. I wonder who waits until the client requests it.

Even for those clients I invoice on a job-by-job basis I usually do a separate email, and sometimes this may take a few days. However, I have one wonderful client who usually requests the invoice before I've even got around to writing it, and slips a cheque in my letterbox within 24 hours of receiving it!

Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 23:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
Usually as soon as I finish my work Nov 9, 2015

Sometimes the client will create an invoice and send me a notification, I just confirm.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:31
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It depends, of course, Nov 9, 2015

This depends on the agreement made with the client/agency, of course. It's not a matter of preference, whatsoever.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:31
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Really? Nov 9, 2015

Mario Freitas wrote:
This depends on the agreement made with the client/agency, of course. It's not a matter of preference, whatsoever.

This "agreement" sounds as if it must be a very one-sided one, if it's "not a matter of preference, whatsoever". Maybe the "client" dictates most if not all of the terms?

Is that how businesses in other sectors work - the client/customer determines when s/he will receive an invoice and so when the money will actually be received? It certainly isn't how I run my business, though if the client puts forward a good reason (or incentive) for invoicing other than on my preferred terms, then I'll certainly consider the request.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When do you send your invoices?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »