Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: What aspect of being a freelance translator do you find hardest to deal with?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Henry Schroeder
Henry Schroeder  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:11
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
The computer Sep 21, 2015

all the time without interruption...

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 21:11
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A combination of ALL these Sep 22, 2015

... would be a good choice, for I believe all of us translators (or most of us) have to deal with all these issues.

Thinking about each one separately, though it was a tough choice, I realized irregular and usocial hours is my main issue today. Not because it's a real problem for me, but because I end up not following my wife's and my children's routine, despite all the advantages of working late at night, already dicussed in a recent post here.

Venkatesh Sundaram
Venkatesh Sundaram  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 05:41
German to English
All of the above? Sep 22, 2015

Mario Freitas wrote:

... would be a good choice, for I believe all of us translators (or most of us) have to deal with all these issues.

Thinking about each one separately, though it was a tough choice, I realized irregular and usocial hours is my main issue today. Not because it's a real problem for me, but because I end up not following my wife's and my children's routine, despite all the advantages of working late at night, already dicussed in a recent post here.

A couple of colleagues have already mentioned that "all of the above" ought to be an option

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: What aspect of being a freelance translator do you find hardest to deal with?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »