Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you offer technical translation services?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:06
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Yes, Aug 19, 2015

I guess most translations are technical, unless it's a poem, song lyrics, or pure literature, and even then there are some technical aspects. But indeed some questions are just too broad and statistically null.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Michael Harris
Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:06
Member (2006)
German to English
Most translations are technical?? Aug 21, 2015

Mario Freitas wrote:

I guess most translations are technical, unless it's a poem, song lyrics, or pure literature, and even then there are some technical aspects. But indeed some questions are just too broad and statistically null.

You have me there. How can you call a poem technical? Let alone a medical report or film text?
I recon it would be great if you supplemented your comment with an explanation as to how you get to this result?

Julian Holmes
Julian Holmes  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 19:06
Member (2011)
Japanese to English
FYI Aug 21, 2015

"a technical translator is someone who mostly or primarily translates for industry"

This is most probably the closest definition you will find. So, according to this poll, 60% or so of translators are technical translators. Looks like I have competition.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you offer technical translation services?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »