Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Have you ever worked on a project that required you to translate into multiple target languages?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:35
German to English
+ ...
How can one do that? Jul 10, 2015

As professionals, we only translate into languages that we are competent to translate. A few few people may have the expertise to translate into two languages, or both directions - but multiple?

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:35
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
A few times Jul 11, 2015

to two target languages

or

form two source languages

but shoud I consider two as "multiple"?

Erzsébet Czopyk
Erzsébet Czopyk  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 10:35
Member (2006)
Russian to Hungarian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Yes Jul 11, 2015

Mostly labels which anyone can do but I had few times contracts to be translated to Russian and Hungarian.

(we have the same law here as Mr. Lamensdorf wrote: "Before anyone hijacks this thread into another endless discussion on 'native speaker', as a sworn translator in Brazil, the local law says that I MUST do it both ways. And yes, I was thoroughly examined and deemed competent in doing it.")

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Have you ever worked on a project that required you to translate into multiple target languages?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »