Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do you advertise your business on social media?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:36
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Not only useless, but also negative Jul 3, 2015

I did it for a while. Till I realized people are in the social networks to criticize others more than anything else.

I also advertized my book in the social networks. Results: Zero translation jobs and zero books sold, although I got thousands of "likes" and comments. However, the "trolls" soon attacked my announcements, which I should have expected, as they are everywhere.

The truth is, social networks are a huge waste of time, a humongous BULL SH(*)T. I currently exc
... See more
I did it for a while. Till I realized people are in the social networks to criticize others more than anything else.

I also advertized my book in the social networks. Results: Zero translation jobs and zero books sold, although I got thousands of "likes" and comments. However, the "trolls" soon attacked my announcements, which I should have expected, as they are everywhere.

The truth is, social networks are a huge waste of time, a humongous BULL SH(*)T. I currently excluded Whatsapp from my mobile, and all other similar sites from my PC. I only kept Facebook, where I enter for, like, 15 minutes per week, at the most, only to see my own translator's page, and that's it. And believe me, I am a lot happier taht way; I have a lot of time left in my day; and I sleep well every day. It was an uncontestable achievement and a great RELIEF in my life.

My advice is: Do not waste your time in these networks. That is absolutely ALL they offer you.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do you advertise your business on social media?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »