Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: How often do you invoice your clients?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:47
German to English
+ ...
depends on client and circumstance May 8, 2015

End clients who pick up a translation pay at the same time as pick-up, and some even opt to pay in advance. Other end clients pay at the moment the translation is done and the hard copy is about to be mailed. Most agencies get invoiced for every job, but a few want to have one summary invoice once a month. I have one good client overseas that pays the banking fees which I understand are rather high, so we have an arrangement where we go 2 - 3 months, to reduce the number of times that they ha... See more
End clients who pick up a translation pay at the same time as pick-up, and some even opt to pay in advance. Other end clients pay at the moment the translation is done and the hard copy is about to be mailed. Most agencies get invoiced for every job, but a few want to have one summary invoice once a month. I have one good client overseas that pays the banking fees which I understand are rather high, so we have an arrangement where we go 2 - 3 months, to reduce the number of times that they have to pay those fees - but this is an exceptionally good and regular client.Collapse

Zhihua Liu
Zhihua Liu
China
Local time: 01:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mostly the end of a month May 8, 2015

Well, for me, I usually send invoice at the end of each month, but some clients requires me to send invoice immediately after delivering the work.
BTW, some pay within a week and some in a month.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:47
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Various invoicing 'scenarios' May 9, 2015

I invoice two or three of my long-term direct clients at the end of the month for all jobs done during that month (sometimes even twice a month, depending on the distribution of jobs over the month and/or their size). In almost all other cases, I send my invoice along with the completed translation.

Unlike some previous contributors, I consider invoicing to be the first part of the reward for the work done, the second being the moment when the amount actually arrives in my account.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:47
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mostly right away May 9, 2015

I have one client that posts an invoice for me to sign on the following Monday. So I wait a few days, but they are the ones who pay the fastest.

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:47
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Some questions May 11, 2015

keep being posted here and are certainly not verified.

Of course it depends on the client/agreement! Any doubts? Do we determine how we invoice the client or do we negotiate? Do we charge all our clients the same way, within the same frequency and with the same terms? Obviously not.

Of course there is always those who will say "I always do this or that". In every forum there are perfect "alwayzers". Pure fantasy.

[Edited at 2015-05-11 00:07 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: How often do you invoice your clients?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »