Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Where are most of your clients located?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:13
English to Spanish
+ ...
A place not yet considered Apr 29, 2015

Some of my clients are located in a place out of reach to the rest of you, ha! Where is that privileged place? My imagination.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:13
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
All continents but Antarctica Apr 29, 2015

Some of my more out-of-the way places include East Timour, North Korea, and the Aysén in the south of Chile where the glaciers are.

Seriously, they come from all over. I've had very few clients from the state where I live, California.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:13
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
In loving memory, too Apr 29, 2015

Mario Chavez wrote:

Some of my clients are located in a place out of reach to the rest of you, ha! Where is that privileged place? My imagination.

As a sworn translator, now and then I translate death certificates and wills, leaving no doubt that my actual client is no longer reachable. Comparing to birth and marriage certificates, the client is deemed to be one of the parties appearing on the document.

Book translators will also have their share of it. They'll be spreading the word of writers no longer amongst us.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Where are most of your clients located?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »