Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: Do your clients typically cover the transaction fees when they make a payment to you?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Robert Forstag
Robert Forstag  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
50/50 Feb 9, 2015

I usually get paid via check from US clients, so fees aren't an issue, but on those occasions when I work for a client outside the US and a fee is involved (e.g., for a bank transfer, PayPal, MoneyGram, etc.) I usually am successful in getting the client to pay it. I usually reduce the cost of the work a bit so as to in effect cover half of the fee.

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:44
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Depends on the client Feb 10, 2015

Some clients bear all of it, even for bank transfer. I have one client who charges me nothing even for small amounts wired to me. He bears all the cost.

I also have a couple of clients who bear the entire paypal charges and I get the exact invoiced amount in my paypal account. Of course, with paypal I lose some money by way of the low exchange rate offered by paypal.

I also have clients who bear part of the bank fee and I have to bear part.

But the majority
... See more
Some clients bear all of it, even for bank transfer. I have one client who charges me nothing even for small amounts wired to me. He bears all the cost.

I also have a couple of clients who bear the entire paypal charges and I get the exact invoiced amount in my paypal account. Of course, with paypal I lose some money by way of the low exchange rate offered by paypal.

I also have clients who bear part of the bank fee and I have to bear part.

But the majority of my clients burden me with the entire transaction fee, and with some it can be as high as 75 dollars a bank transfer.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Do your clients typically cover the transaction fees when they make a payment to you?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »